WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #248 - Dec 5 - 13

Jacqui - Thanks. My watch seems to move slowly except when I don't have much time. Then I think it goes at warp speed.

Meisie - Nice job on the leaf collection!

Annie - Time is short for all of us at this time of year, isn't it? Love the red onion...awesome color!

Viv - Nice job on the wall hanging.

Jeanne - You're here with a big burst of sketches. Ouch! Sounds like a sore nail! Good job on the fan blade and mini tree.

Ai - Feel better!!!

EP - Thank you.

My plein air group had a show this weekend, so sketching time was slim. But we had a lot of fun and selling paintings was a plus. I put some photos of the group's paintings on my blog (a link is below) if you want to see the array of wonderful work. When I got home last night I did a few sketches to unwind.

13 - nose - pencil

14 - sounds good - watercolors and ink

15 - colorful - inktense pencils
16 - monochrome - inktense pencils

17 - feels good - inktense pencils and ink
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
MA - USA

Hails from United States

Thank you everyone for the encouragement in the last hunt -
and Jeanne - thanks for the "like" too!

Kudos to all the great works
and such creative uses of the list

shortly after i read the list
my ornament hit the ground
and "feels bad" is what popped into my head
so here is a view of my remnant

here's it's companion
looks good INTACT!

and one of those fat pine cones

i had hoped to do more
i too had some clever (i think) ideas
but also lacking in execution...
but one more than last hunt
so i'll call that progress

~stephanie
my process: http://blog.snmiksis.com
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Lord of the Arts
Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Jeanne nice sketches, ouch I would say that fingernail feels bad as well as looks bad. Hope it heals soon. I like the tv for sounds good. Good idea for foldable, really like your christmas tree.

Ai sorry to hear you are unwell, rest and recover if you can.

Joan just about to go check your blog. Did you sell any paintings? Sketching is a good way to unwind. Nice job on the nose. Clever colourful and monochrome. Ahh feels good, hope I don't need something like that too soon, nicely done.

Stephanie glad you got some done, Love the idea for looks good and bad but pity you lost an ornament. Very good job on the pinecone.

I am just about to post the new list everyone, but remember you can still finish off and post here. Thanks for hosting EP sorry I didn't get more done.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

EP, thanks again for the list. I started sketching on the 6th, but never got any posted so here you go.... In the old brown paper sketchbook with the Prismacolor pen.

Number 1, fingernails. Number 2, jacket.

Number 3, smells good - coffee Number 4, looks good - view from my dining table.

Number 5, moves at varying speeds - my feet.

Number 6, depicts the weather - clouds over the trees. Number 7, seasonal - the edge of the Christmas tree.

I'm glad I got some sketches done and finally posted. Accomplished some sort of art. Yay.
Winston Churchill
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2011, 11:31 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Viv, great sketch of the fast moving Drum. I like Blossom, looks so friendly. Star Dreamer is a winner. Nice sketching there. They fit the Hunt perfectly. I love the wall hanging.

Jacqui, the whiskers makes me smile. Nicke hatching on the glasses and nails. Great catch of the snails for slow moving! Interesting to like the smell of ink. Tristan does look soft to the touch. Good sketches.

EP, just love your Mountie umbrella! I think I mentioned to you that we used to hang out with the Mounties in South America. I used to tease them about their lack of hats, dogs and horses. That was the picture I had in my head! I like the red jacket, of course. Cool idea for the fingernails and manderine. And a blue cart for me!!

Bonnie, what festive nails!! Woo hoo! The colorful sketches are great. I like your choices, too. The woven dish sounds interesting.

Joan, you always go out of your way to sketch. I sure admire you for that! Very cute seasonal! Your jackets are great. It is fun to see and get to know your area. Nice job on the blender and clever ideas. Also the watch. We had our immersion blender with us so it is good to go. Love the red tomatoes and smiled at Jacqui's remark. My daughter dislikes tomatoes, too. Great to have sales and a good show. Neil looks good on your CD.

Ai, never thought of re-engineering soup! I did the same last night and now know what to call it! Ha. And so sorry to hear that you are ill as a family. Wow. Take care of yourself!!

Meisie, hi there! I love the leaves and how you drew them together. Nifty.

Annie, such a beautiful onion. You got the shine and transparency. Well done!

"J", Happy to see you here. You are so speedy when you get going and have such clever ideas. Hadn't thought of a Christmas cactus in a while.

Stephanie, your sketches are so lovely. I think the ornament does feel bad. I love pine cones, well done! You are making progress, thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks again, EP for the list. See y'all next Hunt! I won't get anymore done here.
Winston Churchill
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Staphanie: Super progress. I love your ornament both the perfect condition and the broken one.

EP: Thanks for hosting.

Jo: Wonderful sneaker, seasonal, nails. Thanks for yr good vibe.

Bonnie: Thanks.

Joan: Thanks. Super on Neil Diamond, he is Tone's favorite anytime that we hit a karaoke. Lovely poisettia. Great detail in the aloe tube.

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

just sneaking in one last sketch, have been wanting to do this all week
Ai, hope you and Tone feel better soon, and welcome stephanie
fantastic sketches everyone!!

8- represents the weather outside (my olympic mitts)
9- smells good
I painted this with my candycane red that smells like candy cane

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. RIL, Venezia, Weekly Drawing Event, 120postcards
Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Enthusiast
Punta Gorda Florida

Hails from United States

Lots of great art! You guys are all very talented.

I know I am a day late and a dollar short...but I did get a few done and wanted to post to satisfy my addiction.

Joe

#2 fingernails
#3 toenails
#4 toy for kids
#5 4 wheel vehicle

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Joan - I recognize your nose Neil diamond - what large eyebrows you have I'll bet that Aloe cream feels good after a day sketching at the beach

meisie - oh dear, feels bad (but hopefully nobody got cut on the broken pieces!). Great pine cone!! Those are so tricky for me

Jo - looks like a thumbs up for me. Great jacket with a ruffled/patterned collar. You have green mugs too? Yay!
Your feet in the sneakers are so cute. Thank you.

Ai - you're welcome. Hope your family members are all feeling better.

Bonnie - how do you resist licking the candy cane paint?

Joe - great shadows under the fingers. Addiction, hey?
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Bonnie, Oh, I just love the gloves and paint. Never heard of paints that smell of what the color is! Fun!

Joe, great to see you and your fingers and toes! I hadn't seen one of those toys in years, don't remember what it is called. The car is well done, too.

EP, thanks again for the list. Rare for me to have green around, but I got some dishes at Walmart like Fiesta Ware. Red, blue and green. Didn't get the yellow or orange yet! I also have a deep olive green in our bedroom and bathroom rugs. Very unusual, ha.
Winston Churchill