WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Student's Dorm
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Romania

Hails from Romania
Re: About self education...

Hmm, I think WC somehow ate my previous post

Anyway, please see here the level of involvement, and try to get something similar going on.

Get a small group of buddies so you can make it official (less likely to slack if there's more of you actively drawing, with some specific times in a week set aside for this).

Get some good feedback from WC or any other place with good artists willing to critique, try to get into a workshop every now and then, see videos online of how other artists create their pieces, and that's about it. Studies have shown our brains need around 10.000 hours of work/practice to get really awesome in most fields, so just find a way to get them
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

Re: About self education...

We live in what is now referred to as the "Information Age". Anything you want to learn is at the tips of your fingers through the internet. WetCanvas has taught me a lot so far, and continues to teach me. There is a strong community here and all the work you post will be given good open and honest critique.

I can say I've enrolled in a few courses recently (painting and drawing) and I have learnt just as much from the courses as I have from this site. The teacher runs a class of say, 20 students. Here you have 20 teachers per student. What's more it is free and you get to do what you want in your own time. I have private messaged some ppl and they have gone to great lengths to help me learn to improve.

I began painting a few months ago. Never had done anything before in my life. Wetcanvas has pretty much all you need and you will save a fortune.

Amrit