WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Artist Marketplace > Partner: Artspan - Web Design & Hosting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
lancashire uk

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Artspan vs Yessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonAide
Jerry, since the question was raised in public, you're going to get a public answer, and then this will be the end of it. We're not going to continue to beat a dead dog.

You say Yessy offered no real help. However, you asked Yessy for help once, quote:
"have tried over and over to add new address and delete the old...what is wrong here, YOUR SYSTEM JUST PLAIN DOES NOT WORK...what happens now...jerry lucey"

That was your ENTIRE email. An extremely vague description of some possible issue. Do you honestly feel anyone could have accurately deciphered what the problem may have been?

Yessy responded that same day with different ideas of what could be wrong including:
- Try clearing your browsers cache and cookies.
- Try using a different browser or even a different computer if possible.
- If it works on a different computer, check your computer for viruses.

You then simply gave up when the first suggestions of a fix did not work and instead proceeded to publicly complain.

So why did it take 6 months? Perhaps Yessy should ask you that same question. From Yessy's standpoint, it took 6 months because Yessy only learned of your continuing problem when someone brought this thread to Yessy's attention. When this thread was discovered, with you saying Yessy was broken, etc, Yessy then sent you detailed step-by-step instructions to cover every possibility. It was then that you discovered you had simply been trying to sign in with the wrong username.

Just because the first response doesn't fix your issue, don't quit and go on a rampage. To continue to complain, even after you discover you're at fault, is simply unprofessional. After all, your customers may be reading this thread as well.

Fin.
since we are in public can you please say if you are from yessy or have any connections with them
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
lancashire uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS
Jerry, it will take a lot more than that to really make an impact. Advtg, promotion, pay per click,search engine optimization...we do a lot and spend a lot more. Is it worth paying for? Do a search on google for artists websites. Artspan is no 1 out of 26 MILLION results. and thats just one term... if you want exposure, you must be prepared to spend a little (and our rates are very low, we are certainly not 'making money'). To just put up template websites, do awaywith promotion,customer support, advtg, etc...sure, we could do it for less. If you are a serious artist, you have to know that a big part of your job is always going to be promotion....here we take over part of that for a reasonable price. Are visitors going to Artspan going to look at your work? If they are interested in the kind of work you do, they may well do that. Without being part of a portal like Artspan, there is almost NO chance of this happening. There are just too many sites

we do spend more than a little on our art work and iam a serious artist!!!that was very insulting
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:33 AM

I read a few of the comments, obviously not all of them. Anyways, you can't expect the site to bring everyone to you no matter what their traffic is like. You need to get your links out there. Also, remember that you want quality traffic. Some sites might bring you a lot of traffic, but you may find that most of the traffic is not traffic that would ever lead to a sell. I read an article about this very subject on www.myartspace.com/blog
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 PM

I really think the argument is moot. Perhaps all the differing opinions are just another fruitless "Pepsi vs. Coke" polarizing discussion. Why not just use BOTH including other affodable and free venues on the web.

Yessy is a great service and it only costs $59 per year. Yes, they take 10% if a buyer uses their system but YESSY does allow you to promote your own payment options. You can price your artwork accordingly (add 10%) then inform buyers that you will offer them a 10% discount if they go through your merchant services (leaving you with a 2.9% or more fee, depending on your processing company).

ArtSpan also has its limitations ... but, for crying out loud! It is ONLY $19.95/mo. for their premiere service!!! Why not use their service? Even if Artspan only brings you FIVE leads per month ... That's $4 a lead and it is up to you to market those people. Each lead can amount to countless word-of-mouth future patrons.

So, not sure what the argument is here ... use both! I believe the BETTER question should be "How can we use BOTH Artspan and Yessy to our ultimate advantage?"
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2009, 10:53 AM

i have learned. Thank you!
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Lord of the Arts

I need to set up a website and I have been looking at Artspan. I don't really understand how the whole thing works but I sort of understand that the more hits you get to your website, the higher it goes up the list when someone searches for say "portrait artists". There don't appear to be many UK based artists on it and I'm wondering whether this is the right way to go. Anyone out there have any advice please?
Thanks
Jools
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-22-2011, 11:46 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Gatineau, Quebec (Absurdistan)

Hails from Canada

If you plan to display your work to promote your image as an artist, a simple blog like Blogspot or Blogger will do the work.
If you hope to sell, let's say that the websites like Artspan or Yessy have an edge, but have a very limited success. Fundamentally, people will buy out of shows, galleries and by seeing and, most important, "falling in love" with your piece. Web sites are nice as meeting places but not so good as a channel for art dealing.
As far as hits, it is only the count of visitors that reach your site, some of it may be only people paid to click on links. Usually, the real visitors which are potential buyers, are those you attract to your site with your business cards.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 PM

Red face Re: Artspan vs Yessy

September 28, 2012
I just filed a complaint against the on-line Gallery called YESSI, so called artist Gallery, offering 14 day trial for artist to exhibit artwork, I UPLOADED ONE artwork to the site, and the page was so complicated that I could not put another one. I ask them, can I place more then one Artwork?, They respond 1 day before the trial period expires, YES YOU CAN, (Does that sound like OBAMA), then again I had to go to the complicated page and it didn't work no matter what I do, try again NOTHING, then the next day I realize that my account has been charged and wrecked without authorization, ( I had mentioned in an e-mail at the beginning that I will decide if I like to stay and Pay.) When I approach them by e-mail real furious for the charge,... they accuse me of not doing it myself, called me names like "you fool", and the answer is if you get anything it will take now 30 days to be reimbursed, and that, funds will be deducted for not doing it yourself. This people at YESSI are Crooks, Scumbags, and I advise anyone to avoid dealing with this Crooks by all means. Now they wrecked my account into over draw and I am charged $84.00 and my account is in the minus # of $34.00 I am on the road of filing complaints wherever I can, against this crooks.

Thank you, Onnik H..........................

Bellow is my complaint with CO BBB

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.

Your complaint has been assigned case # 75180190.
Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : onnikh@yahoo.com

Filed on : September 28 2012

Filed by :
Onnik Hovanessi
4824 Craner Avenue
North HollywoodNorth Holl CA 91601

Filed against :
Yessy Art Galleries
1630 A 30th St #362
Boulder CO 80301