WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Reference Image Library Requests and Support
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 12:24 AM

Images too small????????

I don't understand how to use these photos as they are all so small. They are maybe about 1.5x2.8 inches (just pulled a number that's close).
I tried to enlarge one and it came out awful.
What is it that I'm not understanding??
Thanks,
Linda(LuvHim)
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 02:49 AM

Re: Images too small????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvHim
I don't understand how to use these photos as they are all so small. They are maybe about 1.5x2.8 inches (just pulled a number that's close).
I tried to enlarge one and it came out awful.
What is it that I'm not understanding??
Thanks,
Linda(LuvHim)
Now that I'm not so upset...this particular picture (most are this small) is 450x600 pixels and 96DPI's. I also thought that in my Photostudio it said it was 250PPI's. Anyway, I printed it 4 x 6. It came out so saturated that it is still wet in darker areas over two hours later. A couple of areas where there is alot of sunlight actually look pretty good but that's it.
I enlarged it to 2736x3648 like a normal photo, thinking if anything it would be too light and blurry. It's way, way too saturated and blurry because all of the ink ran together. Has this happened to anyone else?
How do we make these beautiful images a workable size?
Thanks,
Linda(LuvHim)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Can you post a link to the picture?

I assume you are clicking on the large picture to get the full size version?

Doug
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:12 AM

No Doug I haven't and I feel so stupid. I was going through the threads and someone casually asked how to download and you or someone else said to just click on the picture to make it bigger and save it. I just thought making it bigger would clarify for you whether or not you wanted it!
I've saved many, many pictures from there and now have nothing I can do but to try and find my very favorite ones.
Is there an easy way to do that in a search? I tried to search for this particular one using the full title and name and nothing. Also knew what category it was from.
Thanks, and thanks for answering so quickly. It's one in the morning here!
Linda (LuvHim)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

You can search the subject categories to narrow down the search Linda. Set you viewing preferences to 90 photos a page to make it quicker.

Doug
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Linda, did you perhaps just save the thumbnail to your computer?
If you click the t/nail, it takes you to the proper image and most times, clicking on that image will give the largest size available.

Did you know that you can also save the image to your favourites within the RIL? look at the icons beneath each image to select the right one.

Not all images have really good keywords, which help the search - we do ask for them but I'm not sure people understand why!!

Do you know the name of the image owner?
If you do, use the members' directory (top blue bar under Member Services), search for the profile and then scroll to the bottom and choose 'This member's RIL images) - or similar.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Another tip: If you copy an RIL image, save it with a file name including the originator's name. Then you can thank them later when you use the image as a reference.

Doug
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-23-2011, 11:24 PM

Doug and Maureen I will take your advise.
Maureen I didn't download the thumnails but I didn't enlarge the photos before downloading.
I am little by little finding my pictures. I find the search format a little confusing though. Also Doug I don't know how to make it so I can see 90 at a time.
I didn't used to save names but have lately for the reason you gave. It's important if I use one to thank the photographer. I would like to be aknowledged myself.
I don't even know how to go back to your responses (the thread) to quote you or remember all you said!
I'm chronically ill and with the pain and the meds I forget easily. Sorry about that!
Anyway, thanks for your time and help,
Linda(LuvHim)
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

(((Linda))) I just found that you can only see 90 when looking at a Category in the first page. I clicked on Flowers and Plants and on the right at the top of the category is where you change the number.

The uploader seems to be out of action so I can't show you.

Hmm, suddenly it is working again

Doug
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-24-2011, 01:57 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Also Linda, don't be alarmed if, when you click 90 per page, it seems to go awry ..... that can happen though I do think the Tech Staff managed to solve it for us ... but just in case!

If you can remember the forum you want to be in - this one, e.g. is the Reference Image Library Requests and Support forum, go to the bottom of a page and in the r/hand corner is a menu under 'Forum Jump' - you can find all forums that way, clicking on one will take you there.
It's a good way to navigate the site.

Another idea I use is to save my most visited forums to my list of Favourites - and I keep it on the screen at all times, so I'm only a click away!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My saa website**