WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Germany

Hails from India
My Second Work WIP. Would love your comments

Hello dear Airbrush Community!!!
Here are some Photos of a painting I`ve been working on during the past few weeks. First the technical aspects:
Schöllershammer Block (100 x 73 cm),
Wicked Colors,
H&S Evolution 0.2mm and my new baby ( Iwata CM-SB 0,18mm)!!!

This painting is for a colleague (she doenst know yet. its still a surprise!!!); a sign of welcoming her to work. Its supposed to be a collection of a few things to eat and drink, all left randomly on her desktop.

Picture 01: I made my drawing, masked the objects off, then sprayed the background ( I still hate masking. Hopefully one day I can work without them).

Picture 02: Wanted to make the background a bit interesting. But somehow I did not like the result.

Picture 03: I painted the background all over again in other shades of browns. I peeled off the mask for my first object. Its a glass of tea viewed from above. I love my new Iwata, it feels just great in the hand !!!

Picture 04: I left the tea unfinished cos I was growing impatient! Unmasked a few more objects. I need to work on the tea later to completion. Ive avoided working on the shadows at this point of time.

Picture 05: Started to work on the Magnum Icecreambars on the right. Hope to make progress this weekend.

Im terribly behind my schedule! Its so much fun, but Im growing restless and impatient. . Im spending so much time reading about airbrushing and learning a lot of new stuff. Im really in love with this medium.

Please make suggestions, and I would be so thankful for criticism. Ill post more pictures as soon as I make progress.

Thank you
In anticipation
Ravi
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member

Re: My Second Work WIP. Would love your comments

This is very cool and I would love to do something like this one day! From what I see I'm fairly sure I do not need to say this, but I have seen some cool painting ruined because the painter didn't realize this. Shadows are the same color as the surface on which they fall, just a much darker value. You would not believe how many nice paintings I have seen ruined by the use of black as a shadow when the color should have been brown or yellow or whatever the surface was where the shadow was laying..
Good luck, don't get impatient! One thing I have done when I start to feel like you are describing, is to set out to work for 45- 60 minutes. At that point say I am done. Do this every night and you will make good progress. When you spend 3-4 hours working ..you start to WANT IT DONE!
Hope that helps!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Germany

Hails from India
Re: My Second Work WIP. Would love your comments

Thanks Douglas. Ya I guess I still have a very long way to go and I need to work on my patience ;-) Im usually very scared of using black as such in my paintings; it kinda throws the whole balance of the colors topsy turvy. Id do the shadows together at the very end. Thank you once again. Your works are awesome.