WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Teacher's Toolbox
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2011, 05:08 PM

Hails from United States
Sub Plans

I am a newly retired art teacher. One of the things I could never find were good quality sub plans. Now that I am retired I have given some thought to developing some. I would like them to be easily reproducible and something that can be completed in one period (aprox. 45 minutes +/-). I would like them to be something that is easy for the student to complete themselves without too much assistance, because good subs are hard to find. I also want the students to be working on something that supports what they are learning in class. I think that if I come up with quick lessons based on the Elements and Principles, then they could be used as a reinforcement to almost any lesson. I would really appreciate any ideas about what you think would make a good sub plan. Thanks, Pmac
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Hails from United States
Re: Sub Plans

The overwhelming lack of response tells me I should put this idea on the back burner for awhile, maybe forever. Pmac
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
A WC! Legend

Let us know if you find a more lively forum of art teachers.

I'm on TAB (teaching Artistic Behavior) but it is more of a centers bases curriculum than a lesson plan based one.

http://teachingforartisticbehavior.org/
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Ottawa Ontario

Hails from Canada

Just saw this today. As a supply teacher, the best art lessons that I have had to take over were ones where the students had a continuing project to work on - i.e. a booklet that involved working on perspective, shading, drawing from life, drawing from reference, etc, and there were several examples of each that needed to be completed. It provided something that was easy for me to take over, it was not just pointless seat work, it was something being assessed. Expectations were already well established, it was not going to be completed in 20 minutes, and it was clear to see who was working and who was not. It was clear that it took a little thought to set up, but can easily be augmented and it made class management easier for me.