WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Teacher's Toolbox
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: What has the most influence on which brands you use in your classes?
Price (followed closely by cost) 9 21.95%
Availability from a particular vendor 4 9.76%
Brand reputation 9 21.95%
Past experience, positive or negative 17 41.46%
It's not up to me. 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-20-2011, 07:13 PM
nc

Hails from United States
Re: Brands for Classroom Use?

Does anyone have any advice on some classroom brush packs?
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast
NW Louisiana

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraven
Does anyone have any advice on some classroom brush packs?

That really depends on what types of paint your students will be using. I do like the brushes that come with Prang's watercolor sets, and I get classroom packs of these sets. With liquid tempera, you're going to want something stiffer. I use those black bristled brushes (synthetic) that come in several sizes. I cannot remember the brand. I know one teacher who trimmed her large synthetic brushes toward the ends, so that they came to a point, but could still be used as larger brushes.

My students are elementary, so that has a lot to do with my choices.

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast
NW Louisiana

Hails from United States

OOPS! I see that I have answered a very old question, and I am unable to back out of what I've done! Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintbrush74
That really depends on what types of paint your students will be using. I do like the brushes that come with Prang's watercolor sets, and I get classroom packs of these sets. With liquid tempera, you're going to want something stiffer. I use those black bristled brushes (synthetic) that come in several sizes. I cannot remember the brand. I know one teacher who trimmed her large synthetic brushes toward the ends, so that they came to a point, but could still be used as larger brushes.

My students are elementary, so that has a lot to do with my choices.

#19   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2013, 08:36 AM

I work in a private school in Hong Kong so my budget maybe a bit bigger than your average public school. For me, cheap is king up until the end of primary school. Then it's price per performance in middle school, and we have a very small stock of artist quality stuff reserved for IGCSE exams and IB DP students.

Colleen pencils and colour pencils are great for primary. We have some crayola stuff (which is expensive but can get in bulk class sizes) and other Korean/japanese branded stuff that is cheaper and better quality. We use Colleen pencils up to middle school.

Steadtler colour pencils are great for all ages in school because of their reinforced lead that reduces breakage. Shin Han (Korean) produces student and artist quality stuff but there is marginal diffence for pastels and a heck of a lot cheaper than anything else of that quality. Occasionally we get Sakura brand.

Our upper school uses mostly the same stuff but for their final work for coursework And/or exams , we let them use caran d'ache, faber castell and other top stuff, but that is very rare. There are also some Australian products that have a good price/performance such as chromacryl paints that are top of the line student quality but can get in bulk 2liter bottles

Last edited by MrChan : 06-23-2013 at 08:40 AM.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 PM

great hand cleaner for those fun messy projects!

Hey all..I thought I'd recommend a great artist hand cleaner. It's called MuchaJoon. It's all natural and great for kids and classrooms. They offer bulk pricing too...majorly helpful If you like them on facebook they give you a coupon code that will save you an extra 10%

This stuff is GREAT!