I just spent an hour reading through this thread. So interesting to see how people describe themselves. Now I'll jump in as I am new to this forum.
1. I am 53, no kids. Married for the first and only time at age 40. Still going strong ( much to everyones surprise because I am a bit independent.
) Two step-sons, two delightful DIL, and 4 delicious grandkids. Have two fab med/big dogs, Buddy and Zipper who love following me out to the reefs. I'm a wee 4'11" so all wall space looks huge to me.
2. Air Force brat, 4th of 4 children, born in Germany but lived all over the world. I always have a bag packed ready to go! Have lived in N.C. for 2 years but moving back in Dec. to San Salvador, Bahamas where I first discovered I was born to be a mermaid.
3. Been a vegetarian since I was 13.( 40 years! Holy crap.) Love gourmet veggie cooking. Love food! Many
jobs over the years. Have worked as a bartender, chef for 10 years, ran a back country lodge, taught telemark and downhill skiing, worked as asst. director at an Arts Council, peer councilor at a womens shelter. Silk painter for 12 years. Jill of all trades, master of none!
4. Terminally shy in person ( definite introvert) so I absolutely suck at self- promotion which is a big downfall. I went back to school with a gaggle of 20 year olds last year to study Decorative Restoration. I kicked butt!
Really boosted my confidence realizing how all of my life experiences and odd skills I've collected help me in my work.
5. Been an artist as long as I can remember. Try anything once. Love mosaics, pastels, oils, acrylics, metal sculpture, silk painting, batik, collage, photography. Can't call myself a muralist having only done one ( and not finished yet
) but I am very interested in getting more experience and learning from the great talents in this forum. ( Also love to dance like a freak show at music festivals but that's another story.)
Great to read everyones stories.