WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watermedia
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
A Local Legend
Georgia

Hails from United States
Posting Guidelines

We welcome any works of art that are primarily watermedia-based on any type of support...from canvas to paper to your cat. The door is open either to conventional techniques or those which might push the boundaries of, or integrate and combine, conventional painting/drawing disciplines.

Examples of watermedia include: acrylic, buon fresco, casein, gouache, ink and wash (ie, sumi-e), tempera, watercolor, water soluble crayons/pencils/graphite/pastels, etc. Your work may be based exclusively on such media or include enhancements such as ink, pencil, collage or any other material. Mixed media work should consist of a minimum of approximately 50% watermedia.

If your artwork is a single water based medium, you may find that the information that you're looking for is more readily available in the medium specific forums, as those forums will provide you with a wealth of information that is exclusive to that media. But you are still welcomed to post it here, if you'd prefer.

All works posted in this forum will be open to critique and/or discussion, unless you indicate otherwise.

"...I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, discover that I have not lived." ---Henry David Thoreau
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM

Re: Posting Guidelines

How you post in the Gallery....Where is the Watercolor Gallery??
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

The Watercolor Gallery is in the Watercolor Forum.

This is the Watermedia Forum. This is where you can post paintings done with any water-based media, not just watercolor.

Sylvia
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-27-2010, 10:28 PM

I have not posted anything since I became a member and I am not sure how chatroom works. It was by accident that I found myself in chatroom, but there was no way that my reply to the "Welcome" did not register. What am I doing wrong ?
Being unsure if this is the right place to ask my question, please accept my apologies.
I would love to meet fellow members and ask them a couple of questions and would be most grateful for some help.
Thanks,
" splashy"
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:56 AM
A Local Legend
Northern Arizona

Hails from United States

Hi Splashy! Welcome to WetCanvas!

I'd never tried the chatroom until you mentioned it, but I was able to get in. There were no other members in there though at the time I just checked.

You'll probably find more interaction if you just post your questions in the forum in which you're interested. What medium do you use?

Watermedia is the place for any and all mediums that are water-activated or require water as a vehicle .... All techniques are welcome, from water diluted acrylic to sanded watermedia pencils, and transfer prints to collage. Media include, but are not limited to, acrylic, buon fresco, casein, gouache, ink and wash (ie, sumi-e), tempera, watercolor, watermedia crayons/pencils/graphite/ pastels.

We have a weekly "Watering Hole" thread here in Watermedia, where we chat and talk about our daily lives, ask questions, etc. Stop in and introduce yourself!

You can also start a new thread with your artwork and you'll find that our members are very friendly and will help you with questions. We'll also give thoughtful & gentle critiques if you like.

Welcome aboard!

Mary Lou

Mary Lou - Fountain Valley, CA
My Reference Photos
"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living; it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM
WC! Guide
Palmdale, CA

Hails from United States

Hi Splashy,
Welcome!! WetCanvas is vast and takes a bit of time to get the navigation down, but well-worth the time and effort! You may want to take a look at some of the threads in the New Users Forum, you can get to it by clicking here
Then just spend some time exploring in the forums for the media you are interested in. From the home page, you will see a list of the many forums on the left, just click on the title and away you go. It's a grand journey!!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
arizona, originally from california

Hails from United States
Wink Re: Posting Guidelines

Hi,
I am new and this is my first post. (not even sure how I got here)? But I wan't to become an active member. You can see my watercolor horse art by googleing Jan Bullington. I welcome any comments. I'm excited I stumbled this web site!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jan bullington : 09-28-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-01-2010, 03:18 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

Jan- sorry, I just now saw your post! Why not go to the Watering Hole and introduce yourselves to the gang? You can also start a new thread to post your horse. We look forward to seeing you here!
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello, I haven't posted anything for a couple of years, and WC is still new to me for all the info it provides.

Found a lot of info about gouache, and became very interested in the medium.
Bought a few M Graham paints and like it very much.

I have joined the WC Watermedia, thinking this is the right place to show and talk about gouache items. However, before finding the watermedia section, I posted a painting of mine in the gouache and casien &. egg tempera section. Is that alright?
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:43 PM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States

It is confusing, but you can post and talk about gouache here as well as in the other section. I love gouache too! I can get it so much smoother than I can get watercolors!
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

HarvestMoon: Thanks for answering my question so fast. Gues I"ll check out
both mediums when on line. Thansk again!!