WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Student's Dorm
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Cafe Alumnus
USA, GA

Hails from United States
Talking Roll Call !

Welcome Art Students!

Please check in and let us know who you are and what Art School you are attending.

Glad you are here!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2003, 03:05 PM
oklahoma

Hails from United States
guess i'll be the first on the list then. let's see...
name: sara
school: weber state university in odgen utah- just transferred from oklahoma baptist university
major: art composite teaching (it is a joint degree with the art and education departments) so i don't have to take all the education classes an art ed. major does.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2003, 06:17 PM
A Local Legend
New York, USA

Hails from United States
Art Students League part time now, soon to be full time when this dang job ends.

Can you tell I love my job?
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2003, 06:59 PM
A Local Legend
London, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Hey, cool beans we got the forum!!!!!

I will be attending the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design come september. Kinda excited. I think.

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member
Hermosillo, Sonora, México

Hails from Mexico
Hi, what a great idea this new forum
I just finished my studies, I still don't know if I'll roll next semester again, I studied at unversity of sonora, méxico, they were not classes for a formal career, they were open curses but very well structured and complete, I've been studying for 4 years now...

Regards
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Veteran Member
British Columbia, Canada

Hails from Canada
Currently taking a single course by correspondence from British Columbia Open University & Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design. It'll get me credit towards my regular degree. It's a sculpture course. Might as well have fun while I'm collecting credits!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2003, 12:50 PM
Enthusiast
Brisbane, Queensland in Austalia

Hails from Australia
In 3 days I will have finished a foundation course at the Queensland College of Art as an elective to my other boring degree...... very sad i will miss it greatly! Plan to go back in 18 months to do a BFA as soon as my BA is done

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Enthusiast
North Carolina

Hails from United States
I'll be taking two art classes next year, my junior year of high school, and plan to major in graphic design . . . somewhere.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-22-2003, 07:14 PM
miami, florida

Hails from Puerto Rico
September through may I'll be finishing off my highschool education and graduating. I'll be a senior next school year.

I"m currently looking for a decent college to fit my needs. Its tought though since I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't have funds for any formal education.

But i have hopes. This forum is great! Its already helping me immensely!

stacy
"What do you think an artist is? An imbecile who only has eyes if he is a painter......ON the contrary, he is at the same time a political being, constantly alive to heartrending, fiery, or happy events to which he responds in every way. How could it be possible to feel no interest in other people and by virtue of an ivory indifference to detach yourself from the life which they so copiously bring you? NO, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It's an instrument of war for attack and defense against the enemy."
- Pablo Picasso
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-22-2003, 07:17 PM
miami, florida

Hails from Puerto Rico
as to what I've done in highschool already. I"ve taken 1 semester of 3D design/sculpture, 1 semester of photography, and like 2 years of 2D art/painting/drawing. This coming year I'm taking 2 semester's of sewing, and i'm taking like double art classes. like 2 art classes per semester. oh yeah, and I'm on the yearbook staff too!!!

oh and, I"ve taken some graphic/web design classes. and a desktop publishing class.

stacy
"What do you think an artist is? An imbecile who only has eyes if he is a painter......ON the contrary, he is at the same time a political being, constantly alive to heartrending, fiery, or happy events to which he responds in every way. How could it be possible to feel no interest in other people and by virtue of an ivory indifference to detach yourself from the life which they so copiously bring you? NO, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It's an instrument of war for attack and defense against the enemy."
- Pablo Picasso
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast
Santa Fe, NM

Hails from United States
Right now I'm taking a correspondance art course, Art Institute (you know the 'draw me' people ;0) Next year I will be a senior in high school and will be in the advanced placement art course.

~Mandie

"Science is the poetry of reality" -Richard Dawkins
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2003, 03:32 PM
miami, florida

Hails from Puerto Rico
My school doesn't have advanced placement art courses. I've already taken all they have to offer so I'm doing it as an independant study next year. Which I guess might count as an advanced class. But really its just doing whatever you want. You don't get assigned anything, and you don't get much help.

stacy
- Pablo Picasso
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2003, 05:24 PM
Enthusiast
Santa Fe, NM

Hails from United States
Hehehe Well it sounds like fun at least! (no assignments)
I'm nervous that I won't like the class, I haven't taken an art class in forever, and don't really like the teacher, he is very moody. But I guess I can always drop it if I hate it ^_^

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2003, 06:06 PM
miami, florida

Hails from Puerto Rico
yea....my art teacher isn't too great either! I don't understand him at all! Which I guess its good if you don't have assignments so I can avoid him most of the time. You still have to turn in a minimal amount of work. He just doesn't assign specific projects.
He thinks I'm a ditz or something. (Ok so I can never get the mat cutting thing right!) I guess its a personality clash.

My highschool art teacher is strange. He will give everyone a project to do, and a due date. But he doesn't show us HOW to do anything. He has never taught me any techniques. Which is ok, I"ve managed. But I think I could really have developed faster if he would have done that. Is that just the way my school is?

stacy
- Pablo Picasso
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast
Santa Fe, NM

Hails from United States
Well the last art class I had...It was either 6th or 7th grade....I cant remember, (you know the mandatory one that alternates with the mandatory music class-boring) He gave us projects, and they were soooo dumb, all of them ,I hated them all, he would sort of explain how to do it, but it was so simple there was no explanations needed. I wouldnt call it an 'art' class so much as a 'crafts' class. Hopefully next year will be better