WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > NEW! Welcome Forum - New Users
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM

new here new soul searching.

Hello out there all at Wet Canvas
After some good reading of the forum for a time, ive decided to join, im new here, obvious with the heading.

Im an artist and art educator who's recently decided to try to get my personal art career up and going again as it once used to be. In education ive been extremely successful....but at the loss of not giving the same energies to my personal artwork. Ive still kept drawing and painting, creating, but not at the high energy levels I once did.

Ive decided I need to reinvigorate that part of my life. As a result, here I am.

On another note that has reinvigorated me, when I was younger, I had a friend in college, we worked side by side at the same level of energy, same mindset, a great deal in common with the same subject matter. We were touted as two of the best at our art departments at the time, he was a painter, I a printmaker specializing in lithography, as well as painting and drawing. He has become quite famous now.....I wont mention his artist name at the moment. Needless to say its been a cause for me to pursue my career as he did his. It has demonstrated to me that I can do it too, and make it to the level of fame and fortune that we all might desire. And on the other hand this artist's success has also been a source of depression for myself, and made me literally shut down as this artist achieved all the things I saw for myself twenty years ago. Its sort of like having a famous twin brother I guess.

Anyhow, greetings to all, and im anxious to get things going again they way they used to be in my art.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States
Re: new here new soul searching.

Greetings!
Thank you for the introduction.
This is a large site with a lot going on in the various Forums. Be sure to explore the subject and medium specific Forums and some of the special interest forums such as The Cafe Guerbois and Creativity Forum. I think you will find there is something here for every artist and all levels of expertise.
Note:
* You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
* Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
* There are “Stickys’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
* Clicking on your own username will present a drop down menu with numerous options including finding all of your own posts
* There is a site Search feature in the upper blue bar to help you locate topics of interest. You can also use Google Advanced Search
by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for domain name
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 PM

thanks jon i appreciate the help thanks!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 08:54 PM
A WC! Legend
A Californian! Coming Home Soon!

Hails from United States

Hi. Enjoy your time at WetCanvas and tenaciously pursue your passion for art. Sure can understand the bitter/sweet experiences & emotions. You can do it. Welcome.

Gladys Marie "I'm somewhere...in the future...and I look much better than I look right now!" ...KIM CLEMENT
Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Wonderful!!! ...MAE WEST
*WETCANVAS MEMBER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD*
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 AM
A WC! Legend
Northumberland England.

Hails from United Kingdom

Hello , and a warm welcome to Wet Canvas, hope you enjoy your time here ,

Best wishes, Ken