View Single Post
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Hawkesbury, west of Sydney

Hails from Australia
Re: Show Us Your Galleries and Exhibitions 2018

Our last exhibition of the year is the 40th anniversary exhibition of the Hawkesbury Community Arts Workshop which is being held in the beautifully restored and preserved Female Orphan School now part of Western Sydney University near Parramatta.

After a long fight with the WSU to continue our existence within the WSU, which included a barrister representing us, we are now on good terms with them and they organized and set up this exhibition which will be ongoing until 22nd of February.

While I was there I was informed that my two large plein air paintings at the other exhibition have been sold.

During the week I also went to the AGNSW to see the John Russell exhibition, an almost unknown Australian Impressionist painter, he was a close friend of Vincent van Gogh and Auguste Rodin, taught impressionist colour theory to Henri Matisse and dined with Claude Monet. Yet history has largely forgotten Russell, who was a key member of this ground-breaking group of artists during one of the most exhilarating periods in art history.

My camera was not up to the task of any good photos

Mac

Last edited by macrobertson : 11-11-2018 at 05:34 PM.