View Single Post
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Gloucestershire, UK

Hails from United Kingdom
The Wildlife Artist's Handbook

I'm thrilled to announce that my book, The Wildlife Artist's Handbook, has just been published by Crowood Press in the UK. It was commissioned as How to Draw and Paint Wildlife, but evolved into an entirely new guide. After all, there are plenty of "How To..." type books out there already. I wanted to do something new.

My book covers drawing and painting techniques, composition, anatomy, fieldcraft, wildlife in art history, and where to see wildlife art around the world. A printmaking and sculpture chapter provides inspiration and shows the breadth of the genre. The final chapter is devoted to establishing your art, both by focusing on your own interests and starting to share your work through exhibitions and on the internet. The Appendix gives a suggested reading list and website links to wildlife art societies, competitions, exhibitions, and miscellaneous sites of interest to wildlife artists.

The Wildlife Artist's Handbook comprises 50,000 words and showcases 250 images from thirty professional artists. RRP is 16.99. It is available now in the UK and through online bookshops, though sadly won't be released in USA bookstores until Spring.

For more information please click on the link on my signature.

Last edited by GarnerArt : 01-05-2014 at 07:45 AM.