View Single Post
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 01:44 AM
Enthusiast

Re: Oil-from-life challenge, July 2019: optional "daily painting" theme!

Any thoughts on a theme for August? I'll be doing the daily painting thing for another week, until I get to 100 days in a row, at which point I'm going to switch to "frequent painting" or "several-times-a-week painting" so that I can work on some bigger projects and practice drawing. But I'm still willing to host a daily painting theme if people want. Or anything else. Any suggestions? Plein air? Summer themes?

July daily painting #30: I posted some compositional sketches for this little pot last week, and today I finally got around to painting it. Itís a challenging subject, so Iím not close to finishing, especially as I havenít even begun painting the two glasses in the background. But itís a good start. Hereís a cropped photo, with a view of just the pot. "Silver pot (in progress)," detail, oil on linen, 5" x 7."

Here's a picture of the whole canvas, half of which is virtually untouched -- an unusual approach for me. I'm experimenting with Carol Marine's "do the important thing first" approach.