Thread: Self portrait
View Single Post
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 08:58 AM
Macon, GA

Hails from United States
Self portrait

I have attempted very few portraits, so it is not my forté. But I plan to do a portrait of each of my two granddaughters, aged 9 and 6, and I thought I would work on my own first .... from a selfie I took. I have finally reached the "I'm done," stage and am moving on to something new. I found the lessons here on Wet Canvas .... done long ago by Don but still available... to be extremely helpful. And I found a number of youtube videos with good info. Like anything else, I'm sure it takes practice, practice and more practice. I didn't use my profile photo as the reference, but there is a resemblance. And if I had a nickel for everytime some stranger has come up to ask, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek?" I could have retired years ago! I admire Sir Patrick Stewart and was a Trek fan, so I take the question as a compliment. My wife keeps telling me I should get a suit and start renting myself out at Trekkie conventions. LOL Wishing you all a great day.... and thanks to Don and others who contributed to those portrait lessons! I am so grateful for the mass of info available through Wet Canvas!

I have loaded and re-loaded the photo but cannot get it in a portrait position. If any of the mods/volunteers who are techie could do that for me, I would appreciate.

Mike

Last edited by water girl : 01-24-2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: turn image