07-14-2019, 09:11 AM
Re: Blocked from attaching images
Remember the uploader window defaults to GIF, you have to select "All Files"
Some MAC noes by members:
MAC UPLOADER WORKAROUND
Finally, a solution! I just spent over an hour on the phone with the Apple help line and they finally connected me with an iPhotos expert who quickly told me how to resize photos. Here is the process from my iMac.
1. Open iPhotos and select the shot that you want to resize. Just click on the photo so it is highlighted but don't open it.
2. Drag the selected photo to your desktop.
3. Double-click the image on your desktop, which will open the Preview mode.
4. In Preview, selected Tools and then Adjust Size.
5. Select pixels in the dropdown menu and the size. From experimenting with sizes, it appears that this website will not accept any photos larger than 600x800 pixels (or 750x750 for square photos). Change the resolution to 300.
6. Select OK, and then the photo is resize properly for this site. When you upload the photos here, make sure that you select the photos from you desktop, not your original iPhotos shots (which should remain the original size).
Use iResize app on the iPad to resize large images to under 800 pixels max and use the resized image to upload.
You could alternatively be able to scroll down and use the Manage attachments feature to upload your picture, though it will appear at the end of the post.
Resized with iresizer to less than 800 pixels and attached from the iResizer album
All of the file extensions say .jpg, in my case.
I did discover a simple fix though. Scrolling through my image files, I saw one lone image file that was not grayed out, and it ended in .jpeg. So I took a grayed out file that ended in .jpg, added the 'e', and Voila!
This is how I upload a photo from my iMac.
1. Transfer photos from my camera to my computer into my iPhoto program.
2. Select the photo I want to use and hit Export in the control.
3. At the top it should say jpeg in the box, then I resize my photo with the controls and hit Export. I send it to my desktop.
4. After opening the window here, I use the uploader button at the top.
5. When I click on Browse, it goes to my desktop and I select the image, hit the Upload button and it appears here:
When I want to post a photo to WC I go into iPhoto and export it to the desktop then click once on the desktop icon to highlight then again to change the file name to a highlighted box. Then take the mouse arrow to the .jpg part and click to insert the cursor and type in the "e." Don't start typing while the whole title is highlighted or you will erase the entire title.
If you open that file on the desktop it will open with the photo viewer, or it might say preview. If you go up to the menu bar and click on tools, in the drop down menu there is a resizing choice. Very easy to resize from there. You can crop too. Later you can create a file folder and move all the photos to that.
The way I send an image to WC is first export it from my iPhoto program to the desktop using the .jpg ending and sizing it to fit the parameters set by WC.
Then, when the second window you show comes up, it is easy to click on the image on the desktop and download it to WC. (painterbear)