View Single Post
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2014, 05:02 PM
The bottom of the South Island in Southland, New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
July 2014 Plant Parade

Welcome to the JULY 2014 Plant Parade.
My name is Vivien and I'm your Host for this month's PlantParade Project.

The Topic for July is;
"The Iris"

The Iris - is only second to the Rose as the world's most popular flower. Irises are a favourite subject for artists to paint, because of their stately form and beautiful, frilled petals.

There are a few rules..........

Crop, enlarge, distort, play, manipulate a reference in any way you wish. You can paint/draw in any size and any medium. "Reveal Day" is the 25thJuly,so please do not post your painting before that day. It is much more fun, and more interesting, if we all post more or less about the same time.

Discuss, banter with others about your choice(s), your successes, finds and/or difficulties in this thread, but reveal nothing untilJUlY 25th

So lets have fun and paint….THE IRIS.

Here are 5 images from the RIL you can paint from any of these or you can use your own photos, if you prefer.

ref by; Trudance

ref; by dreamOfSpring

ref by; Karrie

ref by; jedikin12

This Iris is named "kiwicockatoo" and as I'm a New Zealander (a Kiwi) 3 guesses why I included this beautiful Iris!

Here's the link to the Iris Section in the RIL: http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/showgallery.php?cat=560

Go to it and have fun!

Moderator; Animals & Wildlife Forum Floral & Botanical Forum Watermedia Forum
My Blog; Art By Vivien

Last edited by Vivien Maloney : 07-06-2014 at 01:59 AM.