#43   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
Saint Petersburg, Russia

Hails from Russian Federation
Re: Sketch thread for oil pastels 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenieJo
Hi Mira, I'll check out the IG challenge. It's always nice to see what's happening in other parts of the world. I'm in Queensland Australia.

I really think your branches tell a great story. I generally struggle to get them looking less like sticks and more like branches.

Cool! you'll need to search for #oilpastel_april, though some people forget to use the English hashtag so you can try the Russian one, #апрель_масляная_пастель - you'll see more works.
Oh, it's funny - we have one Australian woman who is participating in this oil pastel challenge even if she doesn't speak a word of Russian

Thank you very much! I was drawing this sketch from my photo. I was passing by this scene one day and couldn't help taking a pic - exactly because it looked like something to me. Glad you liked it!
Get inspired with various artists' beautiful OP paintings in my blog's gallery: https://oilpastelist.wordpress.com/gallery/ the blog is in Russian, but you can still enjoy the art done in our favorite medium! <3