View Single Post
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:29 PM
WC! Guide
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Our art inspiration

Hi Christel, thank you so much for kind words - you know they mean a lot. I can't imagine starting up in oils too - that would overwhelm me for sure. I'm most inspired by what you have accomplished no matter the medium, subject or style - you pour out the pieces in great quantity, but also with amazing quality. It's been a pleasure to see your work all these years. Thank you for your dedication to oil pastels and what you have done to keep this forum going - means a lot to all of us. and I'm afraid that it probably wouldn't even be around today if it wasn't for you. We all owe you a lot.

Hi Rich, thank you for your generous comments about my work - can't tell you how much I appreciated it. It's been about one year since I have painted with oil pastels - perhaps when it's a little warmer out I'll give it a go. I've been an admirer of your oil pastel work for some time - the detail, combined with your knowedge of techincals have made for some gorgeous paintings, whether cityscapes (you did one on boston or san francisco for a friend - was fantastic), people (the basketball player), landscapes or seascapes. You paint so that people stand up and notice what you are creating - really wonderful art. It's exciting to read that you are doing it fulltime now - I wish you all the best, you will do very well.

Hi Mira - so nice to meet you and welcome to the OPs forum (even though you've been on for a while). Thank you for taking time to visit my blog/website - your feedback was most appreciated, thank you so much. I really enjoyed painting with oil pastels, with the exception of layering limitations, blending and for me getting details. Frustration built up where I decided to try another medium, acrylics - which I have really loved learning and enjoy the medium tremendously. I haven't painted with oil pastels for some time, but maybe in a couple of months I'll give it a go with a still life or florals. It would be fun to revisit OPs.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and kind words - I've missed my friends at wetcanvas.