View Single Post
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:30 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States
Re: Joan's Sketches from 2019

The NYC Urban Sketchers organized our annual Portrait Party last Saturday. It has become so popular that this year we had to find a new venue to hold it in because we had around 100 people take part. It was held in the cafeteria of the High School of Art and Design in Manhattan. We were divided up into 8 groups of 12 people each. We all worked on the same Strathmore watercolor paper. You could sketch in the medium of your choice but your sketch had to be large and strong enough to be seen from 20 feet away. The sketch of each person in your group was created in 10 minutes and each member of the team posed. At the end of the day the portraits for each group were all laid out in a grid. Looking across the grid in each row were all the portraits done by one sketcher. Looking down the grid was every portrait done of that person. I'm showing you just one of the 8 completed grids. I was the last one in my group to pose so my sketches of everyone make up the last row. My sketches were done either with a brown Tombow marker or a black Sharpie with watercolor added.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5148.jpg (45.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 0202 #2 mark rs.jpg (33.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 0202 #3 clare rs.jpg (46.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 0202 #4 tania rs.jpg (40.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 0202 #5 arthur rs.jpg (39.0 KB, 21 views)