View Single Post
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-09-2012, 10:08 PM
WC! Guide
Northern California

Hails from United States
Re: Framing Scratchboard/Claybord

Here are two I just finished this afternoon.

I float-mounted 2 small boards (5" x 5") on grey suede mat. Crescent #7141. It has a slightly warm tone.

No glass, 8" x 8" black wood frames. I stuck a piece of 3/8" foam core board to the back of the mat board to give it some extra strength to prevent buckling. Although these small boards don't weigh much, I don't think they'd buckle, but I'm sure this will help. I glued the boards directly to the mat with E6000.

I frame my own work, but needed some ideas from my favorite framer on how best to frame these two little pups. We were looking at various mat colors and as you all know, it can be tough to match the black OR the white in the boards. When he showed me the grey suede sample with the black board, it was perfect! I never would have chosen that, but it really works well because there's so much "grey" in this board. It's pretty good with the white board too, and these will be hanging together, so it makes for a nice "team". The color on the first one is pretty accurate, the art is washed out on the second one.

Web Site - Pet Portraits - Facebook