View Single Post
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member
Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Pretty in Pink

Thanks Kathy and Robert and Sonia.

And thanks Listener ... I read with interest about camellia flower and will have a look for some images.

In the meantime here is some background to peonies ...
The traditional floral symbol of China, the state flower of Indiana, and the 12th wedding anniversary flower, peonies are known as the flower of riches and*honor. With their lush, full, rounded bloom, peonies embody romance and*prosperity*and are regarded as an omen of*good*fortune and a*happy*marriage.

Peonies make the best bouquets
In addition to their fresh, fragrant scent, Peonies’ huge blooms can open up to 10 inches wide – just make sure you clip the buds*early in the morning, before they open into blooms.

Particularly, wedding bouquets
Peonies are regarded as the symbol of good fortune and a happy marriage. Our daughter was married in June 2018 ... and you can guess the bouquet.

I have started the foliage.
I am using
Olive Green
Marine Green
Limepeel
Chartreuse

My big concern is how to generate an environment around the flower that does not look like wallpaper and yet does not look like a green tropical rainforest. I will carry on with the leaves and decide how to fill in the negative space when I get there. But at this point, i am in mental limbo.

Thanks for looking
Richard
Attached Images