Participating in WDEs (Weekend Drawing Events).
Here is where you can have fun and experiment…push those boundaries…play outside the box…try something new! Or not! Your choice! Following these guidelines will help ensure a more pleasurable experience for all of us!
• When the images are posted by the host at the announced time, you will have 30 minutes to choose your photo and whatever medium you like and then 2 hours to do your thing.
• At that time STOP! and take a picture or scan your image and then post what you have done in your own thread with “WDE : the date and Your Title.”
• Please be sure to resize your images before posting them!
Scan or reduce them to e.g. 100 dpi, keeping the pixel size to no larger than 800 high X 800 wide or less and under 200kbs. There is no difference in viewing quality between 72dpi and 300dpi… most monitors can't display any higher resolution, but it does make the images load much faster for the viewer if the resolution is lower, especially for those on dial-up.
To load your images you can use either the Manage Attachments feature or the Image Up Loader. Here is a link on how to use these features. Uploading Images
(This is quite an old article so please note the updated sizes of images, listed above).
>> Do not link to images on other websites. Remote-linking images is not allowed. Remote-linking means you take an image on another website and use coding to make that image show up on our site. Images only show up on WC! if they are hosted on our servers, so you must use one of the methods described in this article or simply leave the hyperlink to the image. (Taken from the article Uploading Images to WetCanvas
• Be sure to tell us the medium, size and support you used and any additional information you’d like to share, such as why you chose that image.
• Not finished? No problem! You can add WIP
(work in progress) to your title…take as much time as you need and then post the finished piece in the same thread
so that the WIP and finished piece can be viewed together.
• If you are planning on doing more than one of the images, then add MI
(multiple images) to your title and post each new one in the same thread
or wait until you have completed all of them and then post in one thread. WIP and MI will indicate to the viewers to check back for up-dates.
Wait until the following MONDAY and then open a new thread.
** Please be aware that many people join us each week, so do check pages 2 and 3 also!**
• Be sure to view and comment on people’s work if you are able … we understand that it’s not always possible to comment on everyone’s work…just do the best you can. We all like feedback, don’t we?
• Critiquing is not allowed, unless the poster requests it.
• PLEASE keep all your ‘thank you’ messages in one post each time you log in.
• PLEASE refrain from using the quote button on a post with the image in it. There is no need for the image to be posted again…it clogs up the thread, making it take longer to open. It’s much easier to use the reply button and if you want to quote someone, copy and paste from their message below the reply box.
• All images are considered as if from the Reference Image Library, (RIL)
(copyright free) unless the host states otherwise.