View Single Post
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2009, 08:41 AM
WC! Guide
Thunder Bay, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Re: The Weekly Brayer, June 8-14, 2009

Diane..I echo everyone else about the influence of technology in our everyday communications.

Curtis...been there done that. I recently served as president of an art club but after two years retired since the politics got to be a bit too much (you are right, egos & insecurities that play into things seem to create ongoing problems)

Fi...very nice booth setup. The work is nicely presented too. Good luck with that venue.

I finished up the elementary school printmaking project this past Wed. Although a wee bit disappointed did not get the number of prints that I originally anticipated at the onset (some students were away ill during the printing days) plus a select few of the students were not brave enough to attempt printing more than one colour.
However some good results came about and the important thing is that they have learned how to make a print from scratch. I even allowed them to do a free choice print in addition to the landscape so we got some funky and wild images created using the same techniques they implemented for the landscapes.
Good news, the Ontario Arts Council has informed me that they are interested in including a feature about this particular project in an uncoming newsletter. This is distributed around the province to other arts organizations, educational institutions and boards, etc... So I think this is just the cat's meow!
Attached below are a couple of photos showing a few of the landscape prints that have been spray mounted and spaced horizontally on panels (panorama type presentation). There were a total of six panels which I put together myself this past weekend here at home.
Have also attached a PDF file that gives the project overview and a photo montage of the project (created for the school to display with the artwork in the future).
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Project description sheet for Connections.pdf (544.2 KB, 278 views)

www.myprintmakingjourney.blogspot.com
visit my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/borealart

Last edited by bridog : 06-09-2009 at 08:56 AM.