WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Johannes Vloothuis (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   Mountains-Homework, Week 3 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945360)

Johannes Instructor 08-20-2011 05:08 PM

Mountains-Homework, Week 3

Post cropped reference photos or paintings with mountains to use for classroom study. You can also just paint a section of a mountain so you don't have to do a full painting.

Pinklady219 08-21-2011 03:09 PM

Re: Mountains-Homework, Week 3

2 Attachment(s)
Homework for this week--The first pic is the original taken by Johannes (bought with package) and the second is the cropped version I would like to paint. There are only a few things I would do i.e., lighten roof on cabin, lighten shadows on far mountain to push into the back. Change peaks of main mt. by smoothing a peak or two. Perhaps the slant of the mountain has the eye moving too fast. I did correct some items in paint. Thank you so much. This is just wonderful.:wink2:

Johannes Instructor 08-21-2011 03:20 PM

Remember all your homework submissions will be reviewed during the next class.

Pinklady219 08-21-2011 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I touched up the water to go behind the cabin.

spudsmom 08-23-2011 10:10 PM

This is the first time I have uploaded an image so bare with me please.

I missed Saturday's class and am waiting patiently for it to show up so I can catch up.

The image I have uploaded is from China. I would stretch the image a bit as I'm working with a Mac and new at this I couldn't get it to the right size. I would remove a lot of the snow from the far left mountain to add contrast and I would remove all people. I love the rounded shaped waterfalls in the front of the picture and do not want to crop them out even though I realize they are that bowl shape we need to avoid. The waterfall is what makes this mountain scene unique.

I'm going to try to paint this in watercolor. Keep your fingers crossed because I'm a beginner -less than a year. I am determined however!

Sherri
:thumbsup:

Sandra39 08-23-2011 10:21 PM

Dear Johannes:
I missed your 3rd session on 08/20/11 but when I came back from vacation I went to Homework for week 3 right away to plan my study.
Have not seen the stream of it yet.

The first photo is the top part of my painting.
The second is my bottom part.

The two photos are not the same size but I will match them when I paint.
Hope they will work well together.

Sandi C.

Of course I will eliminate some of the pine trees below and shrink the rest so the mountain will look more majestic. Will create the transition from land into water. The tiny pine trees in the foreground will have to be gone too. I will curve the water lines into S curve. The top of the mountain peak will not kiss the edge of the painting. Reflection in the water will match trees and mountain on top.

Sheri Hammond 08-24-2011 10:53 AM

The first picture is about the mountain and the second is more about the sky

Amandine 08-24-2011 07:15 PM

Hello all,

This is my submission for this week. The photo comes from WC Reference Image Library :
and here is the cropped version of it :

If I have some time to spare in the coming days, I may post another one. To be followed ;)

HazelP 08-25-2011 04:52 AM

This is a painting I did of mountains relected in Lake Matheson, New Zealand. This was painted before these classes but after the Landscape classes.

Sheri Hammond 08-25-2011 09:44 AM

I took this picture in Arizona

Sheri Hammond 08-25-2011 10:35 AM

This picture is of mount Morrison in the california Sierra mountains

Sheri Hammond 08-25-2011 10:43 AM

Morrison from Hot Creek Ranch

Sheri Hammond 08-25-2011 10:46 AM

[IMG]http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2011/678462-DSC063
6_edited-resize.jpg[/IMG]
again the Sierras in California

Sheri Hammond 08-25-2011 10:48 AM

the cropped version

jeanetteg 08-25-2011 01:11 PM

This is a painting I did last year. It is of Mt Wheeler in the Great Basin National Park.