WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Watermedia (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=450)
-   -   Watermedia "September Challenge" (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1359434)

Vivien Maloney 08-30-2014 05:56 PM

Watermedia "September Challenge"

Hi all, here's your September Challenge -
"Entrance-ways; which includeds, doors, windows, gates, archways and balconies".

You can use any water-based media e.g. watercolor, watercolor pencils, Inktense Pencils, etc and any comination of watermedia.
When posting your painting to this Challenge please give the size and the watermedia used.

Here's some photo refs to be going on with, but of course you can also use your own photos if you want to.

The first photo is from my garden

The rest of the photos are from the RIL
Window-boxes from mbeckett

Old doorway by Electic Creations

Window by Sonial

Manobier Castel by oldrockchick

Flowers Assisi by barryt

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Enjoy!

eilu 08-30-2014 09:22 PM

Re: Watermedia "september Challenge"

2 Attachment(s)
I call this "Sanctuary," 6"x7" Noodler's Ink, Sakura Koi Water colors, Caran d'Ache water-soluble colored pencils.

The reference photo was taken from a newspaper article on a local cathedral.

Daggers2012 08-30-2014 10:47 PM

Vivien, a fine collection of images for this month and I am blown away by your garden gateway, it is absolutely magnificent!:thumbsup:

Eilu, nice drawing and I like your interpretation of the 'Sanctuary', especially the wood grain and that reference photo makes me feel sad somehow. I feel that I have recently seen that image but can't remember where. Then again it is the middle of the night as I can't sleep right now.:D

David

Vivien Maloney 08-31-2014 01:31 AM

David - Thanks, glad you like the photos.
Not the middle of the night here in NZ, but 5.30pm on Sunday and tea-time.

eilu - That's beautiful! And a really great start for our September Challenge. Well done! :thumbsup:

HarvestMoon 08-31-2014 11:04 AM

Re: Watermedia "September Challenge"

Beautiful photos Viv and a unique challenge! I have been trying to replace my ugly main door for 24 years now! Perhaps I will get that done this month!

HarvestMoon 08-31-2014 11:05 AM

Eilu what a beautiful painting!

Vivien Maloney 08-31-2014 10:57 PM

Thanks Linda! :thumbsup:

KreativeK 09-01-2014 12:26 AM

Viv, doorways are a favorite of mine and these refs are all wonderful, especially the geraniums in the window by sonial. Thanks for hosting this month!
Eilu, your sanctuary is magnificent! The photo ref is awesome too!

desthers 09-02-2014 12:32 PM

Vivien, what a lovely garden you have. Great choice of photos. Eilu you have made a great start for this Challenge, love those wooden doors.

HarvestMoon 09-04-2014 08:45 PM

Viv your garden door looks like a fine entrance for Hobbits! Beautiful!

Pigeon Road 09-10-2014 06:33 PM

Wonderful photos!Eilu, your painting is beautiful! It was interesting to see the watermedia you used.

artbyjune 09-11-2014 11:37 AM

Wonderful theme and some great photos.

Vivien Maloney 09-13-2014 07:11 PM

Linda, Pigeon Road and June - glad you like the photos and the theme.
Hope you get time to do some paintings of them for the Challenge :thumbsup:

KreativeK 09-13-2014 10:16 PM

This is a very old entrance way or door set inside a rock building, size is 12x9 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper.

Another passage way is the brick entrance to this east Texas cottage style home, also in watercolor 15x11, on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper. Garden of hollyhocks is imaginary. Daniel Smith/DaVinci paints used.

Vivien Maloney 09-14-2014 12:40 AM

Kay - Gorgeous work on both! You are such a master of watercolor and I love the blue door and shadows in the first painting and the flowers and foliage on the second painting really make such an attractive entrance! Love them both! :clap: