WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acrylics (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Question RE how-to post "multiple" images (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554719)

*dee* 03-27-2009 09:14 PM

Question RE how-to post "multiple" images

I asked in WOYE....but sometimes things get "lost" there....so many WONDERFUL things to see!......

How do you post multiple images together side by side like this?......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Mar-2009/12423-11.jpg

idylbrush 03-27-2009 09:34 PM

Re: Question RE how-to post "multiple" images

One way might be to design it off line, in a program like photoshop, then flatten the image and correct the overall size and save as a jpeg file. Upload and done.

I am sure there are other ways of doing this but that might work.

Not being a PC person, can this be done in office?

*dee* 03-27-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Not being a PC person, can this be done in office?

I'm not sure!

I want to do a WIP thread on "Baby Girl"...and I've put together a PowerPoint thing. And then I discovered that I can't use those pages (not even individual "slides") here. :evil: I would hate to go through all that again only to find out that IT isn't the right file type as well.

I know just enough about the 'puter to end up doing things the HARD way! :rolleyes:

Rick G 03-27-2009 10:41 PM

Dee,

Those photos in the link you referenced have been merged into a single image file. Like Idylbrush said, you can do this pretty easily in a program like Photoshop, but you can also do it in Powerpoint. You'll have to save each slide one at a time, but it's a pretty straight forward process. Just click "Save As" under the file menu and then in the dialogue box that pops up, scroll down in the "Save as type" window until you can select "jpeg".

I just did a quick one in Powerpoint using a couple of random photos:

Hope that helps. I'm looking forward to seeing your WIP.

Rick

Ozone 03-27-2009 11:43 PM

You might try dragging your photos into your favorite Word Processor. It should except photos. And then instead of saving the file, choose print->then print as PDF. You can upload a PDF file as an attachment. If this is what you want? Everything in one nice little container!

Ozone

Use Her Name 03-27-2009 11:58 PM

Um. Just a guess, but instead of using the uploader, they used html tags side by side instead of under and over. That would mean utilizing the "copy tag" function in photobucket or somewhare that provided a HTML tag and then inserting it within the text. I used to be able to do this with Firefox, but I am using Opera now and use the uploader from my own computer.

mebbe

~~Kathleen 03-28-2009 12:27 AM

Being totally computer illiterate, the way I would do it is so....
Take each pic to "Paint" in your computer, and then under "Image" re size the first one and save it with a specific name that you will recognize..
Then you go to the next image and do the same thing (try to get them all the same size.) just save this one as untitled, copy it, open the last file and paste it there alongside the first, save again, and do it all over until your screen is full (width)
Then below the first begin another strip!
If you need more details please PM me
~~Kathleen
Who would do it for you tomorrow morning if you like.

nithya_swamy 03-28-2009 01:54 AM

Hi Dee!
This was done offline, a collage using Google Picasa. Its free, and easy. I use this type of collage for my blog always just to show the development of the painting in stages. Since it occupies lesser space than posting them one by one. Hope that helps :)

-Nithya

biddlebeach 03-28-2009 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dee, I also have Picasa from Google, and I NEVER know that! I tried to do the collage and it just had them all random like so I never saved anything . I didn't know you could mess with them!! LOL
here is one i just did. hope it worked

biddlebeach 03-28-2009 12:00 PM

Yippee!! learn something new every day!!!!!!

*dee* 03-28-2009 04:04 PM

Thanks everyone!!!!

Now to choose which method to try! :p :lol:

*dee* 03-28-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

but you can also do it in Powerpoint. You'll have to save each slide one at a time, but it's a pretty straight forward process. Just click "Save As" under the file menu and then in the dialogue box that pops up, scroll down in the "Save as type" window until you can select "jpeg".

Rick, since I already had most of the pics & info in PowerPoint, I tried your suggestion first.

When I went to "save as"....there were no other choices! The only option was to save it as a "ppt" file. :(

Well, on to the next (easiest?) suggestion!

Li'l Brown 03-28-2009 04:34 PM

Hi Dee,
I used Paint to do my signature line. I just copied and pasted each image into a single document. Paint can sometimes be a bit of a pain though, especially for resizing images, but once you get used to it it's not so bad.

Good luck!

biddlebeach 03-28-2009 06:49 PM

In Picasa, you can resize them right in the collage.. it was so easy, I couldn't believe it! I just hope my poor little brain can remember how to do it again!

*dee* 03-28-2009 06:52 PM

Gonna test this...

Yay! :thumbsup:

Paint worked!