WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fiber Arts (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   my weekly stitched patches (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1475415)

Helen 01-05-2020 08:04 AM

my weekly stitched patches

Rather than a new thread every time I finish one, I'll post them here. That may help me keep at it. Hopefully the stitching will improve as I go through the year.

LenaB 01-05-2020 03:16 PM

Re: my weekly stitched patches

That looks interesting, not meaning to sound negative. I have a hard time doing things like this. I can hear my mother and aunts scolding about leaving raw edges and it not being functional.
On my fb I am following a page that often shows these kinds of things. They call them meditations.

DrDebby 01-05-2020 06:35 PM

Is the top piece of fabric hand dyed? I like how it picks up the blue from the denim then morphs into a peachy-red color.

Helen 01-13-2020 08:10 AM

Week 2

Helen 01-13-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDebby
Is the top piece of fabric hand dyed? I like how it picks up the blue from the denim then morphs into a peachy-red color.

Yes Debbie, but I didnít dye it myself

DrDebby 01-13-2020 06:08 PM

Lovely way to try out decorative stitches and other elements.

vmrs 01-13-2020 10:50 PM

What a great idea!

I liked the sort of mixed media look of the first and on the second the stitches are so pretty. Well done!

Can't wait to see more. :)

Helen 01-19-2020 04:01 PM

We had snow yesterday so last nightís addition was the white French knots.

DrDebby 01-19-2020 05:46 PM

Adding "snow" to your patch was a great idea.

onestrokeartist 01-20-2020 08:20 PM

I think these are all quite lovely and I bet fun to do. Are you practising these stitches for a larger project? Or are these patches going to be part of a larger project?

Christina

Helen 01-22-2020 06:48 PM

Christina, I think they wil eventually be added to a denim quilt i started a few years back but put away while working on other projects. But that thought could change. Whatever it ends up being it is practice.... and something to keep my hands busy while watching tv with my spouse.

vmrs 01-22-2020 08:44 PM

French knots are the bane of my existence but I love how they look. Yours are so perfect!

Helen 01-26-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmrs
French knots are the bane of my existence but I love how they look. Yours are so perfect!

I love French knots but they took me forever to get right. Still mess up once in awhile but I keep at them.

Helen 01-26-2020 12:30 PM

Here's my week 4. I may cover some of the stitches above and below the fabric with more fabric but that will depend on what I end up doing with the patches. For now, it's on the pile and I'll start a new one tonight.

DrDebby 01-26-2020 06:32 PM

The blue scrap of fabric is very pretty. Are you making an effort to try different stitches or just going with the flow?