WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratchboard Art (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=347)
-   -   The Watering Hole FINISHED (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616868)

lorna12 04-10-2010 05:08 PM

The Watering Hole FINISHED

After speaking about scratch to 2 school classes on Wed. and Thurs. I couldn't stand not doing it myself so I started a new one. One of Patrick's great photos, thank you so much Patrick! I want to take this to get it scanned by Mary when I go to Indy so I thought I'd better get at it.

This is a biggy for me at 3ft X 2ft. only my second this size. I felt these critters warranted it. So far I have just used the NBT (nail buffer thingy) and fiberglass brush. I started with the background because I had to work out all those legs.:D I might even add a touch of color to this one...we'll see.

BTW that's a working title...the other I had in mind was A Big Thirst...what do you guys think??

Diana...I'll do closeups at the end.:lol:

03ahmed 04-10-2010 05:46 PM

Re: The Watering Hole wip

Awesome Awesome Awesome!

Looking forward to seeing this stunner develop!:)

theBoardLady 04-10-2010 05:54 PM

WOW Lorna, you brave soul....:clap: I started one this size myself but it's been sitting on my easel for the past 2 months and not even halfway done. Hope you have more determination to finish it than I do. I just know you'll do an excellent job on it. How will you have it framed?

birdlover 04-10-2010 05:58 PM

I like the big thirst.

lorna12 04-10-2010 06:08 PM

Thank you Irfan, Diane and Angela.

Diane...I already have a frame like this one for it and one slightly different...I'll decide when it's finished, but probably the one in this picture.

hectorstudio 04-10-2010 09:10 PM

That's quite a challenge you've set for yourself. Keep us posted! I like 'Big Thirst'

PatrickHedges 04-10-2010 11:49 PM

I agree about the Big Thirst too. This was an amazing scene, there were elephants all around. Chobe National Park has literally anything from 70,000 to 170,000 elephants, depending who you believe. Our guide said 170,000 but I reckon he was taking out of his proverbial. However, there's a lot. You can't not see hundreds every day.

Good luck on the size Lorna. It's a huge undertaking but you are one who can pull it off for sure.

lorna12 04-11-2010 12:25 AM

Thanks Hector.:)

Thanks for the additional information Patrick...when I win the lottery, I'm going there...I'll pick you up on the way so you can be my guide and take me to all the best places. :D I am finding it huge to work on...thank goodness for my drafting table. It's adjustable and I can also turn my board on it. lol I should've picked a smaller board to clear the background on. duh!

Crias 04-11-2010 12:28 AM

this should be great! I'll be watching for sure.

pamelalbd 04-11-2010 12:49 AM

This is going to be so much fun to watch, and I WILL be watching closely! I ordered a board this size and need to learn as many tricks aux du trade as I can so I'm not stuck there for 3 yrs. We all know how speedy I'm NOT! So Glad your a great teacher. :clap:

annamelia 04-11-2010 01:11 AM

I'll be watching too Lorna, this is going to be AWESOME! I like both titles although tend to favour "A Big Thirst".

Bonniecat 04-11-2010 01:34 AM

I cast my vote for "Big Thirst" . This one looks just great so far. Can't wait to see it progress. I have also ordered a large board. My frame maker has a very large frame for me to use, so I said I would find something to fill it. This is a very large order for someone of my little experience. So I will need all the help I can get from you. Your drafting table sounds perfect for the job too. Please , Please add some color .
Bonnie

lorna12 04-11-2010 04:32 AM

Update. Thanks for joining in Cathy, Pamela, Judy and Bonnie.

Bonnie...just for you, I decided to jump in with both feet even though I feel out of my element with both color and backgrounds. This is going to turn out to be one of those "What the hell was I thinking?" pieces.:lol:

Got the back all cleaned off...

And added the first layer of paint...more tomorrow...make that later today.:D

PatrickHedges 04-11-2010 09:43 AM

Oh Lorna, you might think 'what the hell was I thinking' but I think we are in for a treat!!

Eilymcc 04-11-2010 10:24 AM

Oh Lorna, this will be wonderful!
A big board for some big animals :)