WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Shutterbug Pub (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Shutterbug Daily, Tuesday, June 18, 2019 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467428)

Luv2shoot 06-18-2019 11:59 AM

Shutterbug Daily, Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Hello All and Welcome to Tuesday's daily.

I had a great time at the girl's only get away this weekend with my daughter, my dog and myself. It was so relaxing and fun. I am blessed to have such a wonderful daughter who enjoys spending time with her mom.

A twist on a photo of some irises I took this weekend.
Lorell

Humburger 06-18-2019 12:13 PM

Re: Shutterbug

Wow! That's interesting. But, I must confess that with the things that were done, I would have preferred it in color. I'm glad you had a good time. :-)

Luv2shoot 06-18-2019 12:25 PM

Re: Shutterbug Daily, Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Morning Ginnie,
I get it. Abstracts are all a matter of taste. Our art is so subjective to begin with but abstracts create an additional challenge when it comes to pleasing the viewer.

I thought I would share the original.

Greenhill 06-18-2019 09:00 PM

Lorell, so sharp and 'metallic' you could cut your fingers on that image! I admire your quirky off the wall manips,
and your Irises too. One of Janette's fav perfumes was called Iris Bleu, by Guerlain as I remember.

Salvation Jane (2010)

droll13 06-18-2019 10:00 PM

Lorell, when I saw your tweaked irises I thought it was really neat: amazing clarity, crisp, great values. Then I saw the original and thought that was pretty cool too: the impact of the violets against the greens is wonderful.

Mark, I LOVE your photo: so vivid and colorful, expertly exposed, and great sharpness against a bokeh-like background. IMO, one of your very best images.

[Nikon D7500 with Nikkor 18-300mm shot at 95mm, manual mode, 1/500 sec, f/10, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

I apologize for bringing down the average quality of today's Pub photos, but I have nothing better to offer today.

dudley_d 06-19-2019 04:21 AM

Lorell, I too enjoy your manips. Our photo club does not hanker to manips much. I enjoy our club, but remain a closet manipper! LOL

Greenhill 06-19-2019 05:25 AM

Dave, you've sure got nothing to apologise for your gorgeous Gazanias, pin sharp, colourful and well placed in the frame.
Thanks, but I can't be sure that you've paid me a compliment you say it's one of my best yet, so being taken 9yrs ago, you must therefore mean that I'm getting worse :D

Hey Dudley, any friend of Lorell's is a friend of mine, mate, Welcome! :wave: Look forward to seeing some of your stuff :thumbsup:
(Balancing the thread with a bit more yella) :) !