WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Soft Pastel Talk (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   The Goalpost - August 2019 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1469207)

*Deirdre* 08-01-2019 07:39 AM

The Goalpost - August 2019

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.

Mine this month...doesn't change...lose weight...finish the pastel I started!!

nha63 08-02-2019 08:36 PM

Re: The Goalpost - August 2019

Ditto the weight loss (cold beers and ice cream cones are too tempting in the summer); finished my still life and just got my show submissions done today, so check off July's list; my Picasso book turned out to be about Van Gogh - it's about 900 pages long, great book, but will be on my September list as well! Painting goals - a break, August is busy, then try something different...we'll see.

water girl 08-02-2019 09:57 PM

I think we can all blame the ice cream for our lack of progress losing weight. :wave:

kcwhitney 08-03-2019 04:51 AM

What's the title of the Van Gogh book?

nha63 08-03-2019 09:06 AM

The Van Gogh book is Van Gogh - The Life, by Steven Haifeh and Gregory White Smith; I believe it was published in 2012; their research was exhaustive; there's a little bit of conjecture, but for the most part it's thorough and extremely interesting.

My Beloved Muse 08-03-2019 01:54 PM

Hi all,

My first reply to the Goalpost.
I need to go out and buy a new laptop. My main reason: i need a pc to prepare images of artwork I've done for art competitions... I have an ipad, which is great, but the system won't allow me to run image editing software, like Gimp. I'm open to recommendations, if you have any.
I have about a two week online deadline to meet.

I'll keep it to one stated goal for now...
If I get my work put together in time, perhaps I'll list another!

John

water girl 08-03-2019 02:23 PM

Welcome, John! I'm a bit old fashion and use a desktop computer. I love the big monitor so I can "see" and edit images easily. My son edits his photos with his Apple laptop. Is this your first digital submission? If so, read the prospectus very carefully. Some require specific dpi or file size. Pastel Talk is a great place to pose any questions you have.
I posted the Pastel Society of Southern California online show over in the gallery, but here is the link again. It's just very interesting to see the variety of styles and subject matter that gets into a show. Link to PSSC international online juried show.

My Beloved Muse 08-03-2019 09:02 PM

Thank you, Karen. It's been a couple of years since I submitted in this way, and I should be able to find my way. But if i do encounter difficulties, I'll check in for help. Thanks for the link to the California show as well. I will explore it.

John

Mij 08-07-2019 10:45 AM

Welcome John and KCWhitney, as has been said we can do with a few more lurkers contributing.

I have a couple of goals this month. Finish putting the tool racks up on the wall in the garage (it means sorting the tools as well).
I'll also have to cut the grass next weekend :eek: . Garden refuse (once a fortnight) is due next Tuesday.
Jim.

My Beloved Muse 08-08-2019 05:32 PM

Thank you, retsyl. Your mentioning sorting through tools is something I've put off for a looong time. Good luck with your efforts

Mij 08-10-2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mij
I'll also have to cut the grass next weekend :eek: . Garden refuse (once a fortnight) is due next Tuesday.
Jim.

Ummmmm........make that the weekend of the 17/16th as the memory bank is playing up - again :angel: :rolleyes: !
Jim.

Mij 08-15-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Beloved Muse
Thank you, retsyl. Your mentioning sorting through tools is something I've put off for a looong time. Good luck with your efforts

I am happy to remind anyone that something needs to be done :lol: . And it's this weekend that we have visitors so I'll go out and do the grass in-a-minute :lol: .
Oh what a week. My mobile phone gave up the ghost as did the control pad for the power-chair hoist in the back of the car.
No progress yet on the goals.
Jim.

water girl 08-15-2019 03:51 PM

John, The Pastel Society of North Carolina's Pure Color International Juried Online Exhibition will be posted here on September 1st. I've had an early peek at the show, and it's quite amazing. There were 853 paintings by 243 artists entered in this show. Only 150 paintings were accepted.

My Beloved Muse 08-15-2019 09:11 PM

Karen,

Once again you come bearing gifts! Thank you. I'll keep an eye out for your post.

John

keepingpure 08-21-2019 01:15 AM

Hi everyone!! Long time no see! 😊 My goals for this month are to start going through the monthly spotlights again and get tuned up with my pastel work again! 😊