WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pebeo Mixed Media painting (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468387)

kieru 07-11-2019 05:58 PM

Pebeo Mixed Media painting

Hello! I decided to try to enter the Pebeo Mixed Media Contest, and I thought I'd share the progress of my piece here! It's looking really crazy at the moment, what with the red and yellow underpainting and all the unpainted modeling paste over the top of it, but maybe it will be interesting to see how it comes together as I update this thread! Sorry if the imagery is also kind of indecipherable right now, which I assume it is. It's top-down view of a girl floating in a lily pond. The modeling paste is supposed to create the surface texture of the water.

Cyndi L 07-12-2019 09:06 AM

Re: Pebeo Mixed Media painting

That is going to be wicked cool! Welcome to the MM forum at WetCanvas :)

KreativeK 07-13-2019 11:37 PM

Welcome to the forum and to WetCanvas! This is very exciting work so I will stay tuned for its development.

kieru 07-17-2019 11:46 AM

Okay, I think I'm almost done applying the bare modeling paste. I'm going to try sanding it a bit once it's dried some more and then I'll see what I think. Then to start actually painting! I decided to leave the face free of modeling paste for the moment. I know that it would be dimensional like anything else but I feel maybe there needs to be some rest from all the texture, and it may be easier to paint if it's flat.

Maybe once I've sanded the modeling paste, I'll do another red underpainting over the top of it... Idk, just thinking out loud right now.

Cyndi L 07-19-2019 08:59 AM

That is a lot of texture! The face is in a good spot to be the focal point, and leaving it untextured might be just the contrast needed to ensure the eye goes there first. I dunno...go with your gut!

lisilk 07-19-2019 10:07 PM

Looks really interesting so far. Can't wait to see it finished.

kieru 07-25-2019 02:17 PM

I don't have much time to finish this, plus I'm out of town until the evening of the 29th, so only 2 days to finish it when I get home!

This is how it looks right now. I finally got around to starting the face, but I'm not liking how it's going. Still needs a lot of work!

Eraethil 07-26-2019 03:02 AM

Great concept and fun to see it come together!

Cyndi L 07-26-2019 09:06 AM

Not sure what you don't like about it specifically, but I think the effect you're getting is awesome!

kieru 07-30-2019 11:43 PM

It's getting there! The contest entry period ends tomorrow night, so I've got to get it done! The next part of my plan, once I'm done with the acrylic, is to put Pebeo Vitrail, Fantasy Moon, and Fantasy Prisme on top!

Cyndi L 07-31-2019 09:05 AM

Soooo cool!

GarageDoor 07-31-2019 03:46 PM

Intriguing process! I canít call it a revival of old painting techniques and also a brand new technique... so much could be typed about the painting style and image itself... awaiting the final in patience.

kieru 07-31-2019 05:31 PM

We're closing in on the final, guys! Below is the image of the painting right before I started applying the Vitrail and Fantasy paints. I'll show the next photo in a separate post.

kieru 07-31-2019 05:35 PM

Here it is, with the Vitrail and Fantasy paints applied! It's drying now, and is not 100% finished yet. I want to redo the eyes, maybe, and I have to fix the forehead cuz I dripped blue Vitrail on it hhhhhhhhhh

Anyway, hope it's not too disappointing! I'll post the final final version in a few hours, if everything goes mostly according to plan!

kieru 08-03-2019 12:37 AM

FINISHED!!~