WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Animal and Wildlife Subjects (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Malachi & Samson (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468572)

Joe'sHottie 07-16-2019 12:52 PM

Malachi & Samson

1 Attachment(s)
Last December we adopted two piglets (both runts) from the local Humane Society. We just always wanted to experience what it would be like, and there they were so we jumped. They are much bigger now, but I loved one of the photos I had taken when they were small and still in the dog crate, so after finishing a year-long very detailed commission (which the party backed out on, by the way), I painted these guys as a breath of fresh air, relief and TOTAL fun. . . 11x14 oil on canvas - not my best work, but I love it (and them) all the same. I never thought two piglets steal my heart :heart:
Comments and critiques welcome.

tuscanny 07-17-2019 12:52 AM

Re: Malachi & Samson

Aww, sweet!

fedetony 07-17-2019 03:43 AM

so cute... wanna cuddle them :)

Schuee 07-17-2019 03:57 AM

Pigs are such I intelligent characters. It must be lovely to own them. I like your painting. What a shame about the commission, after your hard work on it.

Joe'sHottie 07-17-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schuee
Pigs are such I intelligent characters. It must be lovely to own them. I like your painting. What a shame about the commission, after your hard work on it.

Thank you, all, for your kind words. I was initially sad the commission didn't pan out in dollars, but quite frankly with the amount of work I put into it, I was a bit glad she didn't take it. I'm sure God has other plans for it, so until then, I'm enjoying it in my dining room :)

jennaboo88 07-17-2019 11:42 AM

I adore this painting, Angie! The sunshine looks blissful, and those two little guys are so cute! I feel like I know these pigs after what you've said about them. Such amazing work! :clap:

I'm sorry to hear that commission fell through. That's beyond frustrating, especially when you worked for so long on it. What a bummer. :(

Joe'sHottie 07-17-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennaboo88
I adore this painting, Angie! The sunshine looks blissful, and those two little guys are so cute! I feel like I know these pigs after what you've said about them. Such amazing work! :clap:

I'm sorry to hear that commission fell through. That's beyond frustrating, especially when you worked for so long on it. What a bummer. :(

Thanks, Jenna. That means alot - they continue to grow day by day and pretty soon we'll have to figure out a bigger pen. For the meantime, I just ordered them (yes, the pigs) a kiddie pool :):cool:

chammi kaiser 07-17-2019 05:10 PM

Omigosh Angie, I just love those little piglets. Beautifully painted.

Triduana 07-19-2019 05:25 AM

This is delightful Angie, I just love this pair! :)

Joe'sHottie 07-19-2019 11:49 AM

Thank you, Chammi and Kay - they are much bigger now (in only 8 months), but are still this young 'at heart'! They are surely keeping my husband and I on our toes!

Elsaquatic 07-19-2019 04:28 PM

Very cute !I love them !

Vivien Maloney 07-19-2019 09:49 PM

Oh what little sweeties! Lovely painting of them and sorry your Commission fell through Angie!

Yvonne Keogh 07-21-2019 04:02 PM

Your love for them and their love of each other comes through very clearly. Charming!