WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acrylics (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   WOYE (What's On Your Easel) 2019 (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1460324)

tmwilliams 01-21-2019 04:19 PM

WOYE (What's On Your Easel) 2019

I was wondering where the new WOYE thread went...am I looking right at it and not seeing it? I even did a search. Nothing. Could be the wine I'm drinking...:)

Anyway - here's what's on mine. You do one "dog portrait" (Glitter) you now must do many. This is Shannon for my old Army colleague, Cheryl. 8x10 on canvas. About 1/2 way done.

Again - as always - apologize for the glare. C&C always welcome.

(I put the Winchester Cathedral Library project on hold as too many people thought it was from Harry Potter and it annoyed me...)

Thomas

ColinS 01-21-2019 04:46 PM

Re: (Whatever happened to) WOYE January 2019

I don't know what happened to it. How odd.

But I have renamed this thread the WOYE for January 2019 and made it sticky until we solve

The Mystery of the Missing WOYE Thread

Nice pup by the way.

tmwilliams 01-21-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinS
I don't know what happened to it. How odd.

But I have renamed this thread the WOYE for January 2019 and made it sticky until we solve

Nice pup by the way.

So I wasn't crazy?! Good. And, Thanks...

Thomas

Charlie's Mum 01-22-2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Did anyone actually start January's thread? ....... may just be the Tom has!:lol:

Nice pup start Tom :thumbsup:

sykirobme 01-23-2019 10:13 AM

Nice, Tom!

I've been utterly frustrated with my painting the past six weeks or so. I've produced nothing, just gessoed over canvas after canvas. Working on the medal case painting has drained a lot of joy in the process for me...it's all taping off and precise measurement - 32nds of an inch in places - careful color matching...it's been educational in a lot of ways, but ugh. And I haven't even begun to tackle the embossed medals, the lettering on the service badge...

And the aquarium background has just intimidated me. I can't come up with a composition that works on a four-foot-long surface.

I feel like I'm not up to any task at this point. I started a small landscape to loosen up and get my confidence back and I keep re-starting it. I don't know what's happened, I feel like I can't do a thing right lately in any medium, not just paint.

tmwilliams 01-23-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sykirobme
Nice, Tom!

I've been utterly frustrated with my painting the past six weeks or so. I've produced nothing, just gessoed over canvas after canvas. Working on the medal case painting has drained a lot of joy in the process for me...it's all taping off and precise measurement - 32nds of an inch in places - careful color matching...it's been educational in a lot of ways, but ugh. And I haven't even begun to tackle the embossed medals, the lettering on the service badge...

And the aquarium background has just intimidated me. I can't come up with a composition that works on a four-foot-long surface.

I feel like I'm not up to any task at this point. I started a small landscape to loosen up and get my confidence back and I keep re-starting it. I don't know what's happened, I feel like I can't do a thing right lately in any medium, not just paint.

I have had phases as you describe. They pass. Your idea to do a small landscape is good ... try using big brushes and lots of paint!

Charlie's Mum 01-23-2019 05:17 PM

We all get those phases Ken - my Mojo has gone AWOL too at present - I go to the easel but just can't settle :(

ColinS 01-23-2019 10:23 PM

I go to the easel and settle, but then struggle with the paint!

ColinS 01-26-2019 08:35 PM

Here is one I have been struggling with for 9 months. It is starting to finally come together. :Lol: Better late than never.

sykirobme 01-26-2019 08:37 PM

Love those colors!

tmwilliams 01-26-2019 09:25 PM

Indeed! Looks good - very good. I like Impressionism.

ColinS 01-26-2019 10:19 PM

Thank you both. It's a real work in progress. :)

(More work than progress). :D

Charlie's Mum 01-27-2019 07:04 AM

Like that right hand side very much Colin - the trees against the sky - nice!

ColinS 01-27-2019 12:13 PM

Thanks, that was a big breakthrough. :)

tmwilliams 01-29-2019 03:54 PM

I was nearly finished with this until the client tells me that her dog has no brown. I've seen doggos with brown bodies and black heads/faces, so I never thought to question the photo. It was lighting...

Just like her eyes, which required some major interpretation.

Fix underway (glare is the wet paint) and it requires reworking parts of the background, the collar, etc.

Ugh. Not looking too bad, though. C&C always welcome.

Thomas