WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acrylics (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   QDC- Quick-Dry-Cafe .... June (already!) (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466677)

Charlie's Mum 06-01-2019 10:56 AM

QDC- Quick-Dry-Cafe .... June (already!)

Cleaned and fresh goodies for the new month :lol: :lol:

Sheila, see Michelle's reply to your last post in last month's thread...... then buy some Tracedown paper, much easier than doing tracings the old way!:lol:

Howard, Better looks as if she's ready to fly with those butterfly ears!

I keep thinking about getting another dog, they're such good company .... so when the rescue kennels has a cairn terrier, I'll be there!:lol:

RoadLessTaken 06-01-2019 12:30 PM

Re: QDC- Quick-Dry-Cafe .... June (already!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
Cleaned and fresh goodies for the new month :lol: :lol:

Sheila, see Michelle's reply to your last post in last month's thread...... then buy some Tracedown paper, much easier than doing tracings the old way!:lol:
!:lol:

Maureen, I'd love to but now I can't find it! Where do you hide the threads of former months?;)

<edit here> I googled "Tracedown" paper. That's what I have.

Sheila

Charlie's Mum 06-02-2019 03:41 PM

The thread is just unstuck and lower on the page .... if you have your options set to 15 threads per page, look on page 2 :)
I made this thread on iPad and it wouldn't let me link ... it has a mind of its own!!!

LavenderFrost 06-03-2019 11:02 AM

Yep, June already. I hope everyone is avoiding tornadoes and floods. I hear it's raining in some places. It's been very dry here, we finally got some rain last night. We've had a lot of warm weather but always a cold wind and cold nights. I just planted my garden last week and I'm keeping the tomato plants I bought in the greenhouse at night. I forget if I mentioned we just put together a greenhouse lately. Hubby and his auction sales lol.

Charlie's Mum 06-03-2019 01:31 PM

The weathermen say it's summer but there's no summer weather! The wind is bitter and flattening any tall plants ... peonies and poppies are felled :(

tmwilliams 06-03-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

The weathermen say it's summer but there's no summer weather! The wind is bitter and flattening any tall plants ... peonies and poppies are felled :(

We've had a cold (and wet) spring as well. I wanted to paint outside today, but it's far too blustery.

Thomas

sykirobme 06-03-2019 04:34 PM

Charlie's Mum 06-03-2019 06:01 PM

Lost your voice Ken?:lol: :lol:

LavenderFrost 06-04-2019 10:02 AM

Maybe he was going to tell you that summer isn't until the 21st. :lol:

Just remembered to flip my Thomas Kinkade calendar. The picture is called Eternal Springtime, nice flower garden scene. Will be a while before I see anything like that here. This one is much more impressionistic than his usual work. Hubby probably won't like it, he already said he doesn't like his paintings, not realistic enough lol. And I'm like... but I want to paint like Thomas Kinkade.

sykirobme 06-05-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Lost your voice Ken?:lol: :lol:

Nah, just figured no one wanted to read a downer post here.

LavenderFrost 06-05-2019 10:05 AM

Well now you have me worried.

Charlie's Mum 06-05-2019 10:06 AM

I understand the feeling Ken 😔

Michelle, we also learnt the new seasons began on 21st of the months, but the Met Office, in their wisdom, in recent years decided first of March, June, September and December were the correct change-over days ... :rolleyes:
We should have a protest march!!:lol:

I'm having a miserable week with a cold and headaches :( ... no energy...... isn't it pathetic when you feel sorry for yourself?

Memo to me. .... Stop it!

:wave:

sykirobme 06-05-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavenderFrost
Well now you have me worried.

No worries needed, but I appreciate the thought. :-)

Merriweather 06-06-2019 09:31 AM

I didn't know that the season changes were originally 21st of the respective months. Personally, I feel that even though winter has started, August is our coldest month. Thank you, I learnt something. :)

All I can report is we finally got a good soaking... thank goodness. :clap:
The rain has lasted over a week and my fault, I should have cleaned out the gutters, prior to rain falling, but did so during the week ( in the rain). I guess because it hardly rains, the lotsa rain caught me out unprepared.

Today was lovely sunshine, a day to open windows and doors and let the air flow. I am not quite used to having the house shut up for over a week.

cheers

LavenderFrost 06-06-2019 10:04 AM

The season changes are supposed to go with the solstice and equinox days. According to Google, summer starts June 21 and end September 23. I've never heard of people changing it to the 1st before, I guess it's only in some parts of the world.

Maureen, colds will do that to you. I feel pretty useless when I'm sick. People make fun of men being babies but I'm way worse than hubby lol. But then his colds will last longer because he doesn't get enough rest.

We've had some much needed rain, but I hope I can finish cutting my grass today. I only did half of it on Tuesday because the riding mower needs a new battery and I'm not that energetic to keep going with the push mower that long. lol