WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratchboard Art (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=347)
-   -   Who Are You? (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616624)

Snow Dance 03-28-2015 06:07 PM

Re: Who Are You?

Welcome to the dark side, Alexis. We eagerly await seeing your work. Be sure to check out the helpful threads up in the "stickie notes", there is a wealth of info there.

Becky

artisticalexis 03-29-2015 08:43 PM

Thanks Becky, but I've been on the dark side ever since I picked up a drawing pencil. I don't know why, but I've always had a knack for 'reverse shading'. From filling a piece of paper with charcoal, or doing scratch-art, I really love bringing light into the darkness.

As soon as I can, I'll post my WIP of Westley, my mushy Manx cat. I should be able to after this post I think.

TrryCk 06-14-2015 09:01 PM

Hello everyone.
I am Terry. I have been away for about a year or a little more.
I am trying to spend more time scratching but it seems real life keeps getting in the way.........

I am very glad to be back and see a lot of great art pieces.
I will try and upload pics as soon as I can.

Great to be back!!:wave:

Clamarel Munro 06-18-2015 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi my name is Elaine Munro, and I live in Arundel, Quebec Canada. I have taken some watercolor courses in the past, but I am a self-taught artist for scratchboard, and I so much enjoy the medium. I enjoy the detail of trying to capture the subject and seen in the wild. I only started last year after seeing all the fine work on this site. Congratulations to all you really talented folks.
Attachment 826149
Will post a couple of my latest works.
elaine

PaintDog 06-18-2015 05:06 PM

Welcome Elaine, and welcome back, Terry!

Clamarel Munro 06-19-2015 09:09 PM

Hi Ann, :wave:and thank you for the kind reception. I just love this thread, and seeing all the lovely works. :clap:
Elaine

ggart4u 06-22-2015 09:42 AM

Hi Elaine and welcome back Terry! Looking forward to seeing more scratchie greats.

TrryCk 11-26-2015 09:27 PM

Hi everyone....Terry here
it has been a while since I have been on Wet Canvas and I am hoping
to have more time to get back into art again.

Been looking at the postings for Scratchboard and I am very impressed to see the talent showing up.

Great to be back!

Terry

leather61 04-02-2016 08:54 AM

hello members, i am Ray Lee from Warwick, Queensland, Australia, i have been drawing on and off since i found i could draw in 2010. So many beautiful works of art, i am pleased to be a member, cheers, leather61.

leather61 04-02-2016 08:56 AM

:clap: hello members, i am Ray Lee from Warwick, Queensland, Australia, i have been drawing on and off since i found i could draw in 2010. So many beautiful works of art, i am pleased to be a member, cheers, leather61.

Lykouros 07-08-2016 07:02 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Michaela and I have been interested in scratchboard off and on since high school, which was a few years ago. I recently started delving into it more and have found it has much more potential than I initially realized.

I'm glad to have found this site, as it has been useful for so many things. I look forward to seeing others' artwork and being a part of this community!

(P.S, I see many members have thumbnail images in their signature. Is there a quick way to accomplish this on WC, or do I need to create them myself?)

MLF 07-14-2016 09:33 PM

]My name is Maria I'm 53 years old I live in massachusetts and I'm a self taught artist. I work in all mediums but started scratchboard just couple month ago. And I love it, I do have lots to learn and I'm so happy I found WC.
Here's a pic of me and two of my scratchboard art work

CoyoteCoulee 10-24-2016 02:08 PM

Hello,

I'm Lara Surring, and I've been a Scratchboard artist for almost 20 years. I've constantly been amazed by the artwork being posted on WC but I've never posted myself! Well, it's about time! I'd love to get to know the community and start trading tips and tricks. My first challenge is to learn how to post an image on here lol! For some reason, I can't seem to change the image from the first image I chose, even when I select a completely different image - this shark still pops up. So I guess I'm forever stuck with this shark? Lol. I've tried closing out of WC, starting a new post, and following the directions on the image uploader all without success. Any ideas?

CoyoteCoulee 10-25-2016 01:02 AM

Well... It looks like the image of the shark has mysteriously disappeared lol! Back to the drawing board!