WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratchboard Art (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=347)
-   -   Who Are You? (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616624)

PatrickHedges 11-22-2013 08:25 AM

Re: Who Are You?

Looks like Anville has been bitten by the bug! A big welcome!!

Anville 11-22-2013 06:15 PM

Thanks patrick. Lets give this a shot.

This is my third scratchboard. Machination - 8"x10" - private collection. Will bust out the DSLR this weekend and post up a 18"x14" WIP.

PatrickHedges 11-23-2013 05:21 AM

Nice work. I like the traditional style you have

logied 12-04-2013 03:27 PM

I am Dennis Logsdon and have worked in Scratchboard for more than 60 Years. I go back to White Artone Board (My first), Hard as nails Canson thin board that you can scratch a peach fuzz. ( And Still have a stack of 10 x 12 inch ) the great years with Essdee during the 70s, 80s and 90,s. Of course Clayboard has raised and added a bar but from my point of view not the intent of this Engraving medium. As a Senior with life history behind me I am working my way back into doing the medium I fell in love with Years ago.
By the way, I can,t stand working with an Xacto knife, how do some of you people do it!

txartist50 12-17-2013 09:39 PM

Greetings,
My name is Brett Lubbe and found out about scratchboard in a rather unconvential way I guess.
A couple of years back I was in a bad motorcycle accident and one of the therapies offered was art therapy,anyway the therapist had some I guess it was scratchpaper to work on with the goal of improving hand and eye co ordination.
Since that introduction, at this site I have learned about ampersand real boards,tools, techniques etc...plus big time inspiration.
Thank You

SNicodemus 12-18-2013 11:36 PM

I'm Sabrena - I live in Colorado and although I work full time, I enjoy scratch art whenever I can. I haven't been able to try any of the fun tools some of you are using..still use mostly the xacto knife. I've been blessed to sell several pieces, but when I see the awesome work on here, I know I have a LOT to learn and lots of learning and growing to do!! I'm also still working on getting a scanner to get better shots of my work, but for now, I'll post the best shots I can. This is my most recent piece of my grand dog that is no longer with us...sad piece to finish!

ggart4u 12-19-2013 09:15 AM

Sabrena.. welcome! Such a wonderful piece of your grand dog. So much love!

PatrickHedges 12-20-2013 01:17 AM

A big welcome to Dennis, Brett and Sabrena :)

SandeVBL 03-07-2014 12:21 PM

Hi, I'm Sande LaFaut. I'm new to this forum so this seems like the right place to begin. I've been doing some form of art and photography since I was a teenager. I tend to bounce from one thing to the next and enjoy them all. I played around with Claybord several years ago and have just rediscovered it via Scratchboard Artists on Facebook. I'm impressed with the amount and quality of resources available now via the internet.
I tend towards artwork of people, animals, and birds - wild or otherwise.

Here is a finished work from several years ago - an eagle, again from my own photo taken at the Toledo zoo. Sorry about the picture quality - I need a better photo of the artwork. One side really glares. I have it framed, but I don't know if I ever
I like the way the face and eye turned out, the feathers - not so much. I used India ink with a lot of the work done with a fiberglass brush and fine steel wool. It was a lot of fun to do though.
I've started a couple of new things this week and want to try some work on black scratchboard. One good thing - I still had all my scratchboard supplies and the Ewing Claybord book, plus several sizes of Claybord that were unused.

Diana Lee 03-07-2014 02:02 PM

Hello Sande! Boy, are you going to love the black board! Please post as soon as you are done.

Diana

TrryCk 03-29-2014 06:45 PM

Hello Patrick and fellow Scratchers! it has been a while since I have been on Wet Canvas, but I am glad to be back.
Hope to get my sewing needles and scalpels dusted off and get to it again.
I hope everyone has been well.

Terry

PatrickHedges 03-30-2014 08:08 AM

Hey Terry, less talk and more action :lol: :lol:

Good to have you back :)

Furmom 05-06-2014 10:07 AM

Hi everyone:)) I'm Cheryl and I'm a self taught artist with way too many interests, have played with oils, acrylics, pastels, and pencils, early years were canvas, then I switched to feathers, recently have been playing with the scratchboard ,I am a wildlife rehabilitator residing in southern Saskatchewan , all my art pieces are sold to help pay for the wildlife in our care.

SandeVBL 05-06-2014 10:47 AM

Hi Cheryl, Nice to see the intro here (and know a name :) ). Love that raccoon!

M.Mason 05-22-2014 12:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! My name is Melissa Helene and I've been posting and interacting here for a little while and decided I should finally introduce myself! I've been an artist since the day I could pick up a crayon and fill in those pesky lines (they always seemed to move when I was younger :D ). I've been a charcoal and graphite artists for many years, as it was my first love, have dabbled in oils and photography, and just recently rediscovered my love of scratchboard. I did my very first board in the 9th grade, but hadn't done much since. Now it is my main focus and I just love it!
The image I've uploaded was taken by my darling sister to use for my website and my favorite piece to date has to be the frog I finished just earlier this month. Out of the Pond - 5x5