WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Acrylics (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   We have a new Guide in the forum .......... (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1465320)

Charlie's Mum 04-30-2019 11:50 AM

We have a new Guide in the forum ..........

Michelle, LavenderFrost has agreed to guide in the forum - which means all need to be on their best behaviour so we don't upset her (yet!!!!:evil:)

Many thanks for helping us out Michelle.:)

Reddyman 04-30-2019 03:13 PM

Re: We have a new Guide in the forum ..........

Hey thanks Michelle (Lavenderfrost)..... such a great group here in the acrylic forum.

John :)

tmwilliams 04-30-2019 04:08 PM

Thanks, Michelle!

RoadLessTaken 04-30-2019 11:20 PM

So, what's the difference between a guide, a moderator, and an admin? Who do I kiss up to most?

gaykir 05-01-2019 10:20 AM

Welcome aboard Michelle, so glad you could join us!

ColinS 05-01-2019 10:30 AM

The Admins are at the top of the staff hierarchy. They have taken on overall responsibility for the thankless task of keeping the site running as well as it can, clearing out spam, banning bots, changing some of the settings that are open to them to create forums or subforums or change members' names on request, and they oversee the appointment of new moderators to keep staff in all the Forums. They administer and enforce the User Agreement that we all have to live by.

They get all the miscellaneous issues to deal with. It is quite a bit of work actually.

We Moderators try and monitor our respective Forums to make sure everyone is playing nice. We can also deal with spam and bots, trolls and mischief-makers. We enforce the User Agreement and the Forum Rules, as needed (although most Acrylics Forum members are very respectful) and we try to keep the Forum running by organizing the monthly Challenge, opening the new Chat thread each month, closing old threads, tidying up double posts, etc.

Guides are there primarily to help the members navigate the Forum, and to participate in making the Forum more fun. If there is a "problem" on a thread the guides can alert the Moderators. If it is a major issue the Mods would bring in the Admins.

Michelle is our newest Guide and she is going to be a great addition to the team! :clap:

Quote:

Who do I kiss up to most?
Carol. She has a whip. Stay on her good side. :D

LavenderFrost 05-01-2019 10:35 AM

Thanks everyone. So basically if you don't behave I'll tell on you. :lol: Though our mods here do such a good job I think my job will be easy.

KreativeK 05-01-2019 11:57 AM

Welcome Michelle!

bluefish 05-02-2019 06:25 PM

So nice to have you as an ‘executive’ on here...but will miss our close chatter!....:) :clear:

Margaret 59 05-02-2019 06:51 PM

Lovely to know you're here, Michelle.:wave:

LavenderFrost 05-03-2019 09:58 AM

Thank you Kay, blue, and Margaret. Don't worry blue, I'll still have time to help you with your spelling. :p

fedetony 05-06-2019 10:08 AM

Welcome to the team Michelle :)

ddattler 05-29-2019 03:12 PM

Great Choice!

tinalewis 06-01-2019 09:36 AM

A bit late but welcome!

LavenderFrost 06-01-2019 10:28 AM

Thanks guys. :D