WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   All Media Art Events (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   WDE January 1st 2015 - IMAGES (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368939)

Valri Ary 01-01-2015 08:15 PM

WDE January 1st 2015 - IMAGES

WELCOME to 2015 :clap:

I will be posting 16 images and a challenge. You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials - you may use any medium.

For the next two hours, just go for it……then STOP! Scan or photograph your work and post it in your own new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.

When you introduce your work, please add a description of size, medium, support (paper, canvas, etc.) and time taken. If your work is digital, we'd appreciate a description of whether it's freehand drawing/painting, manipulated image or done using the filters available in some programs (you could also say which program you used). All are acceptable, but we'd like to know the "hows, whys and wherefores!!"

Use "WIP" for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and "MI" for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.

To avoid forum flooding, please put all of your work during the weekend, for the current WDE, into a single thread: multiple threads will be merged! From the following TUESDAY, you may open a new thread for later work.

You have the whole week to participate - until the next WDE starts (usually Friday). If you finish a piece after that time, please post in its own thread and try to give the date/host of that particular week - if you can!

After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage when you can. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

IMAGES of PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO. December 2014

This is my fiancé, Barry, wearing his new fedora hat at a Cuban Bar in PV on Christmas Day ((sorry it's a bit blurry))

The beach beds with canopies over top. We were lucky enough to get one on day and I felt like a princess laying there looking to the sea!!

There were so many WHITE Volkswagon Beetles. Why white? I'm guessing because of the heat.

This guy was on the boardwalk in downtown PV. He was a bit of a freak show....and wouldn't let me take his photo until I gave him 20 pesos

Valri Ary 01-01-2015 08:23 PM

Re: WDE January 1st 2015 - IMAGES

And this is the Cuban Bar we were at on Christmas Day. The music was awesome and of course, all in Spanish. We drank Mojitos, enjoyed the band and tried to read some of the graffiti that was black markered all over the walls.

That Cuban Bar again but from the second floor. Interesting angles and view, I thought.

This beach vendor became our favorite vendor of all. Especially after we bought some gorgeous bracelets for my fiancé's granddaughters.

Sorry this is so grainy. This is in the second marina in PV. We went out deep sea fishing for 5 hours. My fiancé took about 45 minutes to get his TORRO fish into the boat. Me? Only 20 minutes. Each Torro was about 30 to 35 lbs.

Valri Ary 01-01-2015 08:33 PM

What would one of my WDE's be without a vanity shot of ME??? LOL. This was taken as we were heading out deep sea fishing. Take note of the bling earrings. I found these earrings in the US priced from $266 down to $60. Hello!!! I love diamonds :heart:

This man rode the beach with his posse of horses to temp all us city dwellers to go ride with him. I opted out of the ride (those horses kept running into the water with passengers!!) and took photos for all my horse loving WDE'rs

This is like a bonus double photo. All the swimmers in the surf (crazy people, that water just about killed me on shore. I rolled around and around in those waves) And that Party Boy party boat. Free booze and loud music on the open ocean! FUN? Maybe 20 years ago. :lol:

This pelican was at the fishing boat when we got to the marina and was back there when we docked. I just love these birds!!

Valri Ary 01-01-2015 08:45 PM

This bird and all it's bird relatives were very curious and a wee bit cocky. They were here and there but this guy would not leave me alone!! SCOOT

This is the view from our room. The pool to the left is at the next resort. Our room was on the top floor so it was very nice to have vaulted ceilings. Every room at our resort had an ocean view!!

This was a side street in downtown PV. Less than a block off the boardwalk and it changes DRASTICALLY!

The sunsets in PV are so stunning. I think we took over 40 sunset photos over the time we were there. It was tough to choose just one to show you (and of course there is that other one for the invitation)

Challenge: No drawing. Just go at it with paint. Or not. :angel:

ENJOY!! :cool:

connievanwinssen 01-02-2015 04:12 AM

Lovely pictures! Thanks Valri:)

Fish<>< 01-02-2015 07:00 AM

Great pics and looks like your trip was muy bueno.
I'll definitely have to snag at least one of these as the weekend moves through.

Charlie's Mum 01-02-2015 07:01 AM

Thanks for the trip Valri - and your 'portraits' get better!:)

Happy painting in this first WDE of the year!

Scattykat 01-02-2015 07:19 AM

fab-u-lus refs, now t' let one pick me :D

artastic 01-02-2015 08:46 AM

Great times, my friends and BIL are heading there next wk, will think of them while painting some of these

robertsloan2 01-02-2015 11:43 AM

Great photos! Love that black bird, he's got such attitude! Gorgeous sunset and interesting ocean views.

Joanne_N 01-02-2015 11:52 AM

Awesome photos! I hope to join in. :wave:

KreativeK 01-02-2015 12:34 PM

Love all of these! Valri's also hosting the current Watermedia forum monthly challenge with even more beach photos...check it out.

artbyjune 01-02-2015 01:25 PM

Lovely photos, Valri. Happy New Year!!

I love the 2 bird portraits and will try to do something this weekend!!

kordelia 01-02-2015 10:34 PM

OLE! Thanx, girlie, enjoying the trip... Not been there... Stealing the Welcome Palm.... Perfect practice Palm... O, and figured out who Barry reminds me of... Jack Lemmon .... Slightly off focus did it... Always loved him... Hug from Nonny:D To him, that is..... :evil:

guilliame 01-03-2015 07:26 AM

Hey Valri:wave: great photo's.hope you had a good time.not been in or painted for a while,i have saved two,one of which you will probaly guess:) i always do one,the other one is kinda scary outside my comfort zone and i'm thinking of painting big,it may or may not make it:eek:
Happy New Year:wave: