WetCanvas

WetCanvas (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Forum! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=532)
-   -   posting pictures (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322866)

david m 07-07-2013 01:48 PM

posting pictures

Hello... Trying to post my first pictures .After i click the Insert Image Icon I get the step # 1 box , but the two lines that say browse and upload image are not there ... If any one can help ... That would be nice Thanks

Rowanchilde 07-07-2013 02:24 PM

Re: posting pictures

Not sure why yours wouldn't show up. I do recall using one upload tool on one of these threads that wouldn't allow it either. Don't think it's a sizing thing. Try it now, on THIS thread...

vmrs 07-07-2013 02:42 PM

Are you using an Ipad? Sometimes it acts glitchy for them.

Jon 07-07-2013 02:55 PM

The first thing is to try another browser such as Firefox or Safari if you can. I hesitate to say, but it may be a random glitch on WC. You might do well to post your question in the Site Discussion Forum.

david m 07-07-2013 03:01 PM

hello thanks for responding ...We have a apple desk top computer and a Apple iPad , the message is the same on both . It shows the #1 box , but on both the two lines for browse and upload are not there ...Following yorkys video on how to upload the wording is a little different in box #1 but basically the same , but the two bottom lines saying browse and upload are not there... Thanks again

Yorky 07-07-2013 03:15 PM

With Safari the upload box defaults to .GIF files. You have to select "All files" to see your jpg files.

Doug

david m 07-07-2013 04:21 PM

thanks for getting back to me... When I go to box #1 it says choose file no file selected... When I click on the choose file thing , it opens a box ,but none of the choices are all files or .gif ... Thanks again

Yorky 07-07-2013 04:24 PM

Many Mac users find they can upload with Firefox.

Here's a workaround by painterbear:
Quote:

MAC UPLOADER WORKAROUND

The way I send an image to WC is first export it from my iPhoto program to the desktop using the .jpg ending and sizing it to fit the parameters set by WC.

Then, when the second window you show comes up, it is easy to click on the image on the desktop and download it to WC. (painterbear)

Doug

david m 07-07-2013 05:48 PM

Hello again ...Tried to download firefox and that wont work for me either ....Just one of those days ...Since I have the apple computer and apple Ipad that dont want to cooperate with the uploading of pictures. Is there another way to upload images ??? Thanks...

Yorky 07-07-2013 05:51 PM

I have an ipad2 with iOS6 and I can upload one picture a day from my photos. Any more pictures that day overwrite each other as they all seem to have the same file name.

Doug

david m 07-07-2013 07:22 PM

Mr. Painter bear can you explain step by step how you do the work around to upload pictures with a apple computer using safari as our search engine ? Thanks

Yorky 07-08-2013 02:20 AM

Do you see the uploader box as shown above and in my video?

As I undertand it on a Mac you save your picture to your desktop then in the above window navigate to the desktop to select your image.

Doug

david m 07-08-2013 05:48 PM

Hello Yorky... you asked if I get a uploaded box as you show above. What I get is a box saying iPhoto library..with a list of devices and places. I will try the round about way you suggested with painter bear ...thanks for sticking with me on this....

david m 07-08-2013 06:41 PM

Hey Yorky ...I tried your round about move , and it worked posted the first picture in the floweral and botanical forum ...Thanks again for all the help ....brilliant

Yorky 07-08-2013 06:41 PM

:thumbsup:

Doug