PDA

View Full Version : An Apology...

Lissa
04-07-2003, 09:08 AM
...for my relative silence/absence these past couple of weeks and for forgetting about the weekly sketch thread/project last week (not that it was missed! ;) ) A very good friend of mine died unexpectedly and the event seems to have left me feeling rather inarticulate of late, so I offer another apology in advance if I continue to be a little less verbose/participatory than usual over the next little while.

I've gone quickly back through many of the posts over the past couple of weeks and am sorry for my lack of comment on them - so many of them are worthy of comment :) I'm sorry especially for not having conveyed my hopes and well wishes for you, Arlene, LeAnne, Colleen and Lori (and for those I may have missed posts on who are also submitting) on the pieces you have done for the CPSA show. I think every single one of them is truly outstanding work and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all that the judges agree!

jjsangel
04-07-2003, 09:46 AM
I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss Lissa. I appreciate all that you do sweetie, but please take time for yourself to heal. Your concern for everyone here is so wonderful but I'm sure everyone here will understand if you do not make us a priority at this time. We will be here when you are ready.

arlene
04-07-2003, 09:47 AM
We sometimes forget that the loss of someone can be just as devastating for good friends as it is for family members. The old saw does hold true at times...you can't pick your family, but you can pick your friends.

My condolences go out to you...take all the time you need as you've suffered a great loss. {{{{{{{{{{{lissa}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Elankat
04-07-2003, 10:23 AM
My condolences to you Lissa. Take care of yourself and don't worry about the rest. :)

BTDogMom
04-07-2003, 01:39 PM
Lissa - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( - You are in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Thom Byrd
04-07-2003, 02:32 PM
no need for apology~you take care~:angel: ~thom

gnu
04-07-2003, 04:12 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((Lissa)))))))))))))))))))))))))
do NOT worry about use, we can take care of ourselves!!!
I did miss the weekly thread, but knew there would be a good reason for it...
Please just give yourself time..... many of us have been through this heartache...
Gill :cat:

marilyn h
04-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Time heals wounds. Take as much as you need!

gemmag
04-07-2003, 05:17 PM
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Please take care of yourself.

Gemma

Lahree
04-07-2003, 05:41 PM
I am so very very sorry to hear about your loss. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori

paintedhorses
04-07-2003, 08:01 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss, Lissa. Please do take care of yourself.

Jeri

ArtWench
04-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Lissa, losing a friend is very difficult. Please know that you are in our thoughts.

Jacinthe
04-08-2003, 03:26 AM
May you find the solace and healing in remembering the good times, the laughs and the special things about your friend.
As Marilyn said, time does heal. We will miss you, but healing and getting back into sinc with yourself are way more important.
God Bless you and your friend's family in this time of sorrow.

Jazz
04-09-2003, 07:36 PM
I am so so sorry to read that you have lost a dear friend Lissa, I know it will have knocked you sideways and so, as you have read, everyone understands. You do need time to remember all the fantastic times you have had with your friend and you need time to cry as much as you need to honey! so don't worry about us we will still be here waiting to embrace you back into the fold properly when you are ready to return fully to us.

You will be in my thoughts till you return feeling stronger than ever! I know how hard it is as many do here, so don't rush the process, take day by day and remember that your friend would want you to celebrate her life and your relationship as well when you feel up to it! If you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen please do not hesitate to PM me, I have intimate experience with death, we have lost many in my family. I would like to be a comfort if I can.

I am thinking of you!

Lots of hugs,

ALI