PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Tom Perry

pumkin54
02-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I just learned today that WC member Tom Perry recently passed away. He was diagnosed with liver cancer in December of last year and passed away shortly after. Tom had a very unique style. He spent time in the Oil Pastel forums, which is where I met him, and also worked in colored pencil and soft pastel.

Wet Canvas page (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/member.php?u=150744)

Art Gallery (http://community.how-to-draw-and-paint.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=3az561mtny0eu)

halthepainter
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm so sorry at Tom's passing. I hadn't heard of his medical issues.

He was active in Oil Pastel Forum.

marieUK
02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
So sorry to read about Tom, I was shocked to hear of his passing. I always looked forward to his posts, he had a great talent and he was always generous with his comments and posts

oldrockchick
02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
i remember when Tom came to Oil Pastels forum - must have been about 2 years ago now and he said he was returning to art after winning a long battle with Cancer. He was active in our OP family, partisipating in challenges and chatting in the Gusher. His strength, humour and grace gave us all hope and strength. I had noticed his absence both here and on Facebook, where I often saw notifications on games he played there. Then they stopped. I dint' know why. Now I do. He will be missed by many - especially his Oil Pastel forum family.
Commiserations to his family at this difficult time.
He will not be forgotten.

*AquaMarine*
02-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I am shocked to see this. I really enjoyed Tom's posts (mostly saw his in the CP forum) - and enjoyed his unique style and willingness to experiment. I have been saddened to see the passing of several of our friends recently.

ginny

RobinZ
02-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Awww, yes, Tom was a treasured part of the Colored Pencil forum, too.....

*Deirdre*
02-12-2012, 07:17 PM
So sorry to hear of Tom's passing...we have 5 of his abstract pastels in the Soft Pastel Hall of Fame here is the thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560837)

CRYork
02-13-2012, 07:44 AM
I always enjoyed Tom's intriguing designs, and even more so, the titles were always interesting, as well. My sympathies to his family.

Char
(cp forum)

JeanLecoq
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
His work goes on. This is my first day on this web site. I love shapes and beautiful colors. He really created that kind of beautiful. The inspiration continues.
Thanks. Jean

Marmsk
02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
So sorry to hear this. I did trade an ATC with him in one of the Wet Canvas trades. He seemed a very nice person.

gakinme
02-19-2012, 08:23 PM
No wonder why I rarely see him post. He had always been generous with his knowledge of his art materials and he used to buy up such a lot that I envy him. I hope his last year had been happy collecting art supplies that he liked. If I know I don't have much longer to live, I might have done the same thing. And hopefully the grandkids could inherit them.

Condolences to his family.

Thank you for letting us know, pumpkin.