PDA

View Full Version : Scratchboard projects

myorca
04-03-2003, 10:55 AM
HI folks,

Been working on 3 different scratch projects at the same time. When I get fuzzy eyed on one I switch to the other. Here are two of them. The first is a Petoskey Stone which is Michigan's state stone. The second is a scratch of an old oil lantern. I will post the third soon... It is a Sand Hill Crane chick.

myorca
04-03-2003, 10:55 AM
here is the lamp

sassybird
04-03-2003, 05:14 PM
I have never seen that stone before. I am a rock hound too. Are they large, or do they come in different sizes? Any chance I could get you to mail me one? rofl I'm not kidding though...lol

I can't wait to see the finished pieces. You have a nice touch with scratchboard. I haven't worked with it in years, but maybe I can find time to give it a try again in the future.

myorca
04-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Hi Charissa,

I have yet to find a petoskey stone. They are coral fossils Here is a link to a site that tells all about them.

http://www.boynecountry.com/ptstone.html

Bob

Rodman
04-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Very nice...I love scratchboard and really like what your doing with it...I can't wait to see more. thanks for posting...Rod-Man

myorca
04-08-2003, 10:13 AM
Thanks Rod-Man!! Sorry for the late response, we were hit by a nasty ice storm and have been without power/water/heat for the past 5 days. Finally got it all back on today and still trying to get warm!! I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Bob

inkskin
04-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Cool,Bob! You are quite the busy scratcher,aren't you?

These both look great so far,how big are they?

You still have winter???I can't imagine snow in April.

Stay warm,

Heather

lisilk
04-08-2003, 11:48 PM
To funny, my first thought was the same as Sassybird's....where I can I one of those stones..

I love all your work, can't wait to see the finished pieces. I like the abstract pattern of the stone very much !

Li

p.s. I'm in Ca. and we had snow this week too ( 18 " ! )

myorca
04-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi Heather,

Both of these are 5x7's. Havent had a chance to work on them lately tho GRRRRRRRRRRRRR stinkin weather!!! LOL Will be starting again tonight I think. The house has finally warmed up enough not to shiver while scratchin!!

Bob

myorca
04-09-2003, 11:49 AM
Hi Li,

From what I understand, years ago you could find these on the side of the road, but now adays they are a real commodity. I have yet to find one, and I just cant bring myself to buy a rock. hehehhe

Hopefully this one will be finished in a few days. Debating on the color issue again too.

Bob