PDA

View Full Version : Aching soul & Hurt Soul

TALIANA
04-03-2003, 12:25 AM
These two compositions come from my not so happy past where I have been a few years back....
They are Acrylics on Board, with object additions and acrylic painted over again.. framed in a heavy copper bar
maybe this is not the forum where i sould post these compositions mabe it is , tell me what you feel seeing these two pieces please
-
-
-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aching Soul

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2003/20809-AchingSoul-1.jpg
-
-
-

Hurt Soul

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Apr-2003/20809-HurtSouls-2-600.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

feather
04-03-2003, 12:31 AM
These rock.

Reminds me of orgone energy. Energy in flux toward the better, IMO.

TALIANA
04-03-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by feather
These rock.

Can you or some one explain me what orgone energy is please ?
sorry english is not my first language

morendo
04-03-2003, 12:35 AM
The first one I feel tension. I feel trapped. The second one is more somber and symmetrical, perhaps peaceful. That's just me.

Tamana
04-03-2003, 12:37 AM
I see coming undone and separation and distance and yearning to expand into the new or wishing to retract into the forgetting of the past in the first.

The fractal of the second is sudden, as though without warning, clashing into self. Shattered and waiting to heal. A burning world waiting to rebirth.

Both are beautiful in composition and texture and color. I think this is the right forum. :) I love the copper.

TALIANA
04-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by morendo
The first one I feel tension. I feel trapped. The second one is more somber and symmetrical, perhaps peaceful. That's just me.

Dear morendo...

The expression of feelings and the reception of feelings are in coincidence between you and me, as the first one was done at the beginning of my long dark period and the second towards the end of my dark period.
I enjoy seeing how feelings are tranported from one to the other and are suspended in time in a painting, I have everyday living proof of this amazing part of art.
Maybe you could better understand whay i mean in reading the text on my opening page of my homepage, let me know please

TALIANA
04-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Tamana
I see coming undone and separation and distance and yearning to expand into the new or wishing to retract into the forgetting of the past in the first.

The fractal of the second is sudden, as though without warning, clashing into self. Shattered and waiting to heal. A burning world waiting to rebirth.

Both are beautiful in composition and texture and color. I think this is the right forum. :) I love the copper.

Dear Tamana

You hit bulls eye.. with the feeling you received, I am amazed still more, read my reply to morendo and you'll se how powerfull feeling transmission is thru art forms, Thank you so much for you expression of your emotions.

feather
04-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by TALIANA

Can you or some one explain me what orgone energy is please ?
sorry english is not my first language

http://search.msn.com/results.asp?RS=CHECKED&FORM=MSNH&v=1&q=orgone+energy

A simple search of orgone, read any or all. You created very moving pieces.

Adrienne
04-03-2003, 12:54 AM
I hesitate to comment because my feelings about your paintings don't mirror yours. They spoke to my heart, and I hope it is okay that they whispered different feelings to me than to you.

I looked at your images before reading your comments and I just think they are beautiful. Although I saw pain in the 2nd, and didn't like it as well, I saw utter beauty and gorgeous, gentle, loving color in the 1st, with strong but beautiful lines and creaminess.

The reason I wasn't drawn to the 2nd one as much as the beauty of the 1st is because what I felt from the 2nd was a sense of great pain which was buried so deep, and therefore was under such pressure, that the feeler-of-the-pain sprayed it out in every direction, without even realizing the denial that s/he was in, or how desperate and self-destructive their attempts to avoid the pain had become.

Your 1st one though, is already one of my all-time favorite works of art from Wet Canvas. To me, it represents all the best of the world -- strength with gentleness, honesty with compassion, beauty with abandon. I truly love it and I'm so grateful that you posted these here. They spoke to my heart.

TALIANA
04-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Adrienne
I hesitate to comment because my feelings about your paintings don't mirror yours. They spoke to my heart, and I hope it is okay that they whispered different feelings to me than to you.

I looked at your images before reading your comments and I just think they are beautiful. Although I saw pain in the 2nd, and didn't like it as well, I saw utter beauty and gorgeous, gentle, loving color in the 1st, with strong but beautiful lines and creaminess.

The reason I wasn't drawn to the 2nd one as much as the beauty of the 1st is because what I felt from the 2nd was a sense of great pain which was buried so deep, and therefore was under such pressure, that the feeler-of-the-pain sprayed it out in every direction, without even realizing the denial that s/he was in, or how desperate and self-destructive their attempts to avoid the pain had become.

Your 1st one though, is already one of my all-time favorite works of art from Wet Canvas. To me, it represents all the best of the world -- strength with gentleness, honesty with compassion, beauty with abandon. I truly love it and I'm so grateful that you posted these here. They spoke to my heart.

Adrienne..

Thank you for sharing with me your deep feelings, your thoughts and the expression of your inner feelings towards these creations has deeply touched me it reached me intensely, as you are also decoding exactly what I was going thru at that period of my life, you see it from another perspective that is so realistic of what I was going thru at that time, I thank you for reminding me that the feelings you decoded were present and are still there somehow in me , and the artwork has frozen these in time like a snapshot of the inner self rather than of the physical state.
How wondefull to have art for me to allow me to share and leave suspended in time a deep feeling I was experiencing and be able to communicate it to others and having it as a constant remionder.
I do not forget my past and I do not to feel guilt either, as I can only improve from my past mistakes with the help of God.
Thank you so much for your most touching input .

Love Always

Healer
04-03-2003, 05:04 PM
They are both really cool Taliana. I prefer the first once - it reminds me of some kind of eccentric timing mechanism. Really love the metallic structure of both and the autumnal colour feel of the second - it goes very well with the copper frame. Keep those works coming.

Andy

TALIANA
04-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Healer
They are both really cool Taliana. I prefer the first once - it reminds me of some kind of eccentric timing mechanism. Really love the metallic structure of both and the autumnal colour feel of the second - it goes very well with the copper frame. Keep those works coming.

Healer

I would realy love to know if these two pieces create any feelings in you when you look at them, and if so what are these feelings, I am interested in this for some obscure reason.

bear with me I amsometimes inpredictable to myself too. L.O.L.

Thanks for your valued comments
Andy

TALIANA
04-03-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by TALIANA

that should be better:

Healer

I would realy love to know if these two pieces create any feelings in you when you look at them, and if so what are these feelings, I am interested in this for some obscure reason.

bear with me I amsometimes inpredictable to myself too. L.O.L.

Thanks for your valued comments

heh
04-03-2003, 05:51 PM
i love these
simple complexity layered

with the first i feel isolation and closeness
near and far at the same moment
separation and a strive for together
the second, a dizziness from looking in

blkros
04-03-2003, 05:57 PM
I thought that I posted to this before. I didn't.
These are excellent works. More, please.

Healer
04-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Sorry for my delay in replying Taliana. OK, well with the first I get the feeling of emptyness or something very important missing in ones life. The second sort of gives me the feeling of a search or quest to find that something (there's something about the way the lines cross like on a map that give me those vibes). Hope that answers your question.

Andy

TALIANA
04-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Healer
Sorry for my delay in replying Taliana. OK, well with the first I get the feeling of emptyness or something very important missing in ones life. The second sort of gives me the feeling of a search or quest to find that something (there's something about the way the lines cross like on a map that give me those vibes). Hope that answers your question.

Andy
Andy
I am very gratefull for you input witch is of a high importance to me, I assure you that the feeling you describe were the ones also present at the creation of the individual pieces, those pieces were created about 1-1/2 year appart, and those were the situations exactly as you felt them by looking at the pieces, amazing, ( suspension of feelings in time ) and transmission to posterity of some of my feelings ( part of me )..that is the essence of my leitmotiv in painting as you might have read on my homepage.
Keep contributing I like you deepens ans sensitivity.

Take care for now
Claude

TALIANA
04-04-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by blkros
I thought that I posted to this before. I didn't.
These are excellent works. More, please.

As you might have read in the postings above, I have done these in time period of my life where I was near or hit rock bottom, I am not sure I would be able or be interested to relive that period again ever, and the pieces are the result of the feeling I had at that moment in time, I feel now quite differently, have a peek at my latest post and paintigns here ( SUBDUED)..thanks for you interest and valued comments.

ZOTMA
04-05-2003, 12:16 AM
I really appreciate the both of them
perhaps there's beauty in aching and hurt
they're both compelling
the first being the most interesting to my eye

amanda
04-05-2003, 02:03 AM
I love the materials you used here. These are really great works. I love the coils (for some reason I'm really into swirls and circles at the moment) and I love copper too so fantastic.

mmk
04-05-2003, 02:38 AM
i prefer the 2nd one. it gives a feeling of emmence space like floating between the clouds and the earth :eek:

:clap:

TALIANA
04-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by feather
These rock.

You have made me aware of anew term, I have researched orgone energy and have read some articles on hte Internet, I thank you for giving me the hint, but after all all I make of this expression ( Orgone Energy 0 is what we sometimes call God or our Higher Power, or the organizing force of the universe, or whatever, Budha, allah, mohamed, Jesus christ and so on and so on, God is ever present to me whatever we feel free to call him or the way we conceive him, it is still the same, Thank you for teching me this term and giving me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in this spiritual domain.