PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new to WC

colormefancy
01-27-2012, 12:21 PM
I live in Florida. I like painting with oils, but have been inactive for the last 9 years as I went back to college to study for a different career. I am so excited to be able to attend the Webinars. I completed this week's homework assignment, and for the first time in all the years I have painted, I started a painting with solid instructions to follow to do it right. I was very nervous, but I kept listening to the instructions (the nuggets) that I kept hearing in my head and to my notes that Johannes taught and kept working.
I am so excited with the finished work. I want to up load it, but I keep getting a sheen on the pic from the light reflecting off the wet paint. Can anyone tell me their secret to taking a pic without the reflection.
Very happy to be part of this group. :clap:

Jon
01-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Welcome to Wet Canvas!
I used the search feature and found this thread (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842712&highlight=photographing+artwork)among others to answer your question.
FYI:
* You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
* Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
* There are “Stickys’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
*There is a site Search feature in the upper blue bar to help you locate topics of interest. You can also use Google Advanced Search

AlaskaDan
01-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi and a warm welcome to the Wet Canvas Community :wave:

This is a very large site with a lot going on in the forums. Be sure to check out the subject and medium forums as well as some of the special interest forums. There is something here for every artist and all levels of expertise. All are welcome, so don’t be shy about posting or starting threads.

A good place to start your WC! experience is to read some of the articles in the links found in the signature lines of some of the mods and guides - they contain some very useful information which will help you to navigate and participate in WC!

If you have any problems, just drop back here to New Users and we’ll be happy to help.

Have fun and enjoy Wet Canvas! :)

gmarie
01-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Hi & Welcome! Enjoy your time at WetCanvas! :wave:

JON's link should get you started there. I sometimes take many pictures, varying the angles & lighting then put them on my computer screen to study & determine which turned out the best.

PETE K
01-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi and Welcome to Wet Canvas . It's very nice to meet you.

As you know, there are Artists here from around the world with all levels of skill, styles and medium choices. You can find the medium or subject you work in by using the Forum Jump at the bottom right hand side of the page or the Channels menu at the upper left where it says (choose) (GO).

Guides and Moderators have Signature Lines at the bottom of their post to answer the most FAQs by new members. If you should need any more help feel free to come back and ask.
Please feel free to look around and enjoy our WC Community

plec
02-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Hello , and a warm welcome to Wet Canvas, hope you enjoy your time here , Best wishes, Ken