PDA

View Full Version : Sort of embarrassed but here is a painting i did today

RayleneAus2
01-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Its my first time at trying an animal and first time painting on a piece of paper. I have no art lessons - i was born drawing - i do not understand colours - and i did not have the colours needed to do this - i just sort of guessed lol the background i did with glad wrap - that was a first too and i like how it looks - though likely should have made it darker.

Ok - enough chat

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z395/rory1999/JAGUAR_crop.jpg

skappy
01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi Raylene This is a lovely and stylish cat the colors looks fine to me IMHO the pupil seems a bit small and too centered? and darkening a little the edges of the iris will make them more 3D
Robert:cat:

birdhs
01-25-2012, 10:02 AM
No reason to feel embarrassed!

Your efforts show a fine natural sense of Art.
Study every posting you can, find art of others that you find interesting and adapt what you see to your own work.
For instance, I enjoy the Pen & Ink monthly forum to practice my drawing skills.

So glad you shared this with us, looking forward to more from you,

Greg

susme48
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
I would not be embarrassed at all....nicely done!

Zebalithe
01-25-2012, 12:19 PM
Well done. Love the colours, the background and penetrating gaze. :)

chammi kaiser
01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
No reason to be embarrassed. The colours are great and I like the background too. One learns something new with every painting one does. I never ever stop learning. There are some really good tips on the Animal and Wildlife forum as well. Worth looking at. Well done.

Mz_Sketch_Pad
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
hi raylene you have a beautiful gift and its natural- be happy and confident in your gift

Ms Nan
01-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I am very impressed with this one. Keep up your work, and be sure to post so we can follow your progress. My only suggestion follows Robert's - You could either enlarge the iris, or make them more of a vertical "slit" (sometimes cats eyes look that way). Nice bold colors.

fiddlinjohn
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Embarrassed by what?! This is very, very good! I've had quite a few requests to try animals but I've been a little afraid. Congratulations on a job well done!

RayleneAus2
01-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Wow thankyou all for your wonderful comments and the great advice.

I did not think my work would even hold any standards here but i forgot this is a learning board - we do not learn if we do not show.

I really appreciate your kindness.

I am currently having a go at painting a horse. I will show you if and when lol i finish.

I had a bad experience on the jaguar - i peeled the blue tape of the edges and the tape ripped up the paper and the layers of paint beside it. I thought blue tape was supposed to be the best?