PDA

View Full Version : Fall at the foothills of the Sierra del Cid (Spain)

Enid Goyers
01-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Hello,
Here I am again with a lot more questions. I'm sorry that I keep asking for help, but it seems that I have a perspective problem with this new piece of mine.

a) right - the bushes, 1st row, in reality really begin in the middle (seems from a distance), but at my painting they really look funny at this location.

b) left - the orange field should be filled with houses (industrial) but I have no feel for their size in relation to the house with the red roof.

c)In reality the vineyard has a lot of poles to support the wine plants. I did not include them as I am scared to ruin my painting with the wooden poles sticking out all over the place.

Maybe you have some answers for me?
Thanks for reading and judging.
Enidhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jan-2012/133937-K640_IMG_0863.JPG

Spyderbabe
01-24-2012, 05:08 PM
A few poles might add some vertical interest but the real issue is that house with the red roof. The roofline is tangent with the distant trees and it is also pulling our eyes off the canvas. I would paint it out and then add a small cluster of buildings in the left mid-ground area.

Aires
01-24-2012, 07:16 PM
I agree about the red roof house being a distraction both in color and in placement; sometimes we have to edit natural landscapes so as to have a good composition overall. Often that means leaving out a misplaced tree, building, fence, etc. If I were putting in more houses, I would want them to be subdued so as not to become a distraction from the overall composition. Nice work, Enid and an easy fix if you decide to make alterations. Looking forward to your next post.

gaykir
01-24-2012, 07:46 PM
I really like this too but would simply eliminate the building on the left. I find it distracting and it adds nothing to the wonderful overall feeling you've created.

susme48
01-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Have to admit I agree...the house is kind of jarring and just does not seem to 'fit'....otherwise I like it. Not sure what you see with the bushes, to me, the only other nit pick might be the light 'path' on the right/center...it is so similar to the mountain color, and does not narrow and darken at the back as the others do? Not sure I said this right...but that and the house are all that read 'wrong' to me; otherwise, I love the colors and the sky...beautiful!!

Enid Goyers
01-26-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2012/133937-K640_IMG_0869.JPG A few poles might add some vertical interest but the real issue is that house with the red roof. The roofline is tangent with the distant trees and it is also pulling our eyes off the canvas. I would paint it out and then add a small cluster of buildings in the left mid-ground area.
Hello all,

As you can see the house has been eliminated, but I am still wondering about the poles sticking out the vineyard. Should I really add them?
I also must darken the first row of olive trees on the left side. Otherwise I think I have finished this one. A difficult work!
Thanks for looking and commenting it once again.
Enid

levanty
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I love the warm colours at the focal point which seems to be the bottom 3rd of the canvas (for me). I'm glad you removed the red roof. It's very pleasing to the eye and gently guides my viewing evenly around the canvas. I'm not sure what you mean regarding poles. Are they part of the original scene? I usually omit telephone poles/wires from my interpretations. Just a thought.

Enid Goyers
01-26-2012, 01:15 PM
I love the warm colours at the focal point which seems to be the bottom 3rd of the canvas (for me). I'm glad you removed the red roof. It's very pleasing to the eye and gently guides my viewing evenly around the canvas. I'm not sure what you mean regarding poles. Are they part of the original scene? I usually omit telephone poles/wires from my interpretations. Just a thought.
Thank you for your comments - the poles are required to support the plants. To me the many poles could take the serenity of the landscape away. That is why I have my doubts.
Enid

Enid Goyers
01-28-2012, 04:32 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jan-2012/133937-K640_IMG_0869.JPG
Hello all,

As you can see the house has been eliminated, but I am still wondering about the poles sticking out the vineyard. Should I really add them?
I also must darken the first row of olive trees on the left side. Otherwise I think I have finished this one. A difficult work!
Thanks for looking and commenting it once again.
Enid
and last but n ot least I did paint the poles in. they really changed the whole picture, giving it more distance.
Enidhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jan-2012/133937-K640_IMG_0870.JPG

RPut
01-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Ahhhh, love the journey you took with this and you came to a wonderful end. Now to start the walk down/through the paths... Thank You for such a beautiful scene.

Spyderbabe
01-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Really nice work!!