PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer no longer making the products listed here

TinaLee
03-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Today I took a peek at the product reviews to check out plein air equipment. There are several different products (umbrella, stool, chairs) made of aluminum tubing by Houtz & Barwick, that I was interesed in. Since there are no reviews for these yet, I clicked on the www.houtzandbarwick.com URL, which gave me a "this site has been shut down" message. So I did a Google search on the company, and on http://www.sourceshop.com/news.html I found this:

"Houtz & Barwick No Longer Manufacturing Folding Aluminum Furniture.
We were informed by Houtz & Barwick that due to Insurance renewal reason they would no longer be manufacturing their folding furniture line. This impacts products such as our Aluminum Director's Chairs and the very popular Extendo Stool. We still have limited quantities in these product. But they wont last long."

This is the only place I could think of to post this information. So far, I haven't found any other mentions of this change on other websites carrying their products, but the manufacturer's website being shut down isn't a good sign, either.

I hope this helps in some way!

Tina