PDA

View Full Version : Match Day - recent commission

Kathrin G.
01-21-2012, 06:48 AM
This is a commission I recently finished. I dont really do landscapes, so this was a step outside my comfort zone :o
It was commissioned by our local sports club (Hurling and Gaelic football) for a person who is retiring from the management panel after spending his whole life involved in the club.
This painting is of our village sports grounds, complete with the ruins of the castle in the background and kids in the club jerseys on the pitch, ready for a hurling match.
(I know, hurling in the USA means something different, here it is an actual sport)
Anyway, it is approved and handed over already. They were happy with it.

I would still like any and all C+C please to help for the future. Thank you :)

12 inch x 16 inch on Pastel board, painted with W&N Artist Acrylics
The photo is a bit blurry and washed out, but I didnt realise that till after the painting was handed over already.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jan-2012/113357-c_5.jpg

Shamrock15
01-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Doesn't look like this is outside your comfort zone at all. Well done.

ribeyedsmile
01-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, Photos tend to send us on a reproduction tendency and if its blurry or something...that sets the handling in a certain direction. But you still have a great expanse that you handled well. It looks great and I hope more commissions come your way!!!

Dcam
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow: This is wonderful. Those fields sit down just right and that is hard to do.
Great painting. :thumbsup: Derek

susme48
01-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Beautiful work, Kathryn!! Be proud!!!

Ms Nan
01-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Just awesome! Thanks for sharing.

chammi kaiser
01-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Wow, Kath, how long did this take you? All those angles and tiny figures. Hats off to you, my girl . No wonder they liked it.:clap::clap:

Raymo
01-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Oh youre sneaky...you done went and sneaked some horses into the painting....and OMG that looks like me mowing !

Chia
01-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I can't imagine that this was easy to paint, but you've done well. The crumbling castle has me wondering what other activities may have taken place on this field through the centuries. Very nice work!

Kathrin G.
01-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Thank you all for your kind comments :heart: They truly are much appreciated :heart:
D' Arcy, if it isnt furry it is outside my comfort zone :o but I am glad it doesnt show too badly.
Michael, thank you :)
Derek, thanks a million :wave:
Susan, thank you my dear friend :grouphug:
Ms. Nan, thank you :wave:
Chammi, thank you :heart: I didnt have much time with this. Less than 2 weeks altogether and I got constantly asked to "add this and remove that" :rolleyes: but I got there in the end and thats all what matters I guess.
Raymo, it was them who wanted the horses in and I was only too happy to do as asked :lol:
Coralie, thank you :) No, not easy at any stage :( But you are right, there is a ton of history here.

Ozone
01-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Mighty tidy Kathrin, I like it. For the future, you might make the foreground
grass darker than the background hills, that's Burk's Law I think.

Oz:)

OkeeKat
01-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Gorgeous Painting Kathrin, Very well done!! :)

RPut
01-22-2012, 11:24 PM
This is GREAT and I am sure will be a treasured piece!

mooz49
01-23-2012, 04:40 AM
It looks absolutely perfect Katie! :clap:

skappy
01-23-2012, 10:13 AM
very good Kathrin love the depth, the compostion works well to
Robert

Kathrin G.
01-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Thank you once again my friends :wave:

Oz, the photo is washed out near the bottom. But you are right, I should have :o Too late now, but I keep it in mind for the future :thumbsup: Thank you :)
Kathie, thank you :heart:
Ruthie, I truly hope the recipient loves it as much as the people who commissioned me :crossfingers:
Anne, thank you :D
Robert, thanks a million :wave:

sonita
01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Gorgeous piece....love how you rendered the figures, horses and the line work in the field! :-)

Kathrin G.
01-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Thank you Soni :wave: