PDA

View Full Version : Finalizing Details for the May WC! Get Away

paintfool
03-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Hi folks. It's time for us to make the final arrangements and iron out the details of this upcoming event.
We are going to need an accurate head count, including when you will arrive and when you will depart, as well as where you've decided to stay.
We are attempting to make reservations for Saturday nights dinner at the Restaurant at the Gardens as well as to get an idea of how many people are expected to attend the event. We will be making name badges etc, so your cooperation will make that job a lot easier!
I'm really looking forward to this event!
Please list your name and the number of people attending with you here.
We will be doing a news letter and i'd like to have a complete list hopefully by Sunday afternoon.
There are several threads in this forum that you may want to skim through if you're not totally familiar with what we're planning but please consider this your final sign up sheet.
Thanks
I'll start the list

Paintfool & husband fool arriving Friday the 2nd. leaving Monday, the 5th.

Malarkey & more Malarkey (husband;))

Bobby (yes, we're allowing him) & Secret guest

arourapope
03-27-2003, 10:23 AM
Well, I'm a definate yes. Hubby and son are maybes. :)

paintfool
03-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks Aurora. We'll put you down for three. Better to over estimate than to under estimate when it comes to reservations. Arrival and departure dates? Any idea?

blondheim12
03-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Hi Cheryl,
Yes,
I'm planning to arrive May 1 and depart May 8. I'll be staying with Phyllis at Blackberry Farm. Barbara Perrotti is coming from Ormond Beach and Kathie Wobie from Melrose too. Kathie is staying in a cabin somewhere and I don't know how long for her. Barbara is staying with Phyllis? and I don't know how long she will be there.

I am up for any dinner plans you might have and will be painting everyday, I hope.
Love,
Linda

DanaT
03-27-2003, 12:20 PM
I can't come :( I need to get ready for school next September. But have fun, guys. I'll be thinking of you here.

arourapope
03-27-2003, 01:09 PM
We are (or I am) going to be there the night of the 2nd and will be leaving late in the day of the 3rd prolly. At least that's where it stands for now, and that's what my reservations are for.

arourapope
03-27-2003, 01:10 PM
Dana :crying: :crying: :crying:
School's going to be a good thing, though.

CarlyHardy
03-27-2003, 05:52 PM
I will be there (or Llis will shoot me!). I'll be staying at Blackberry Ridge.
carly

MarshaSavage
03-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Cheryl,

I will be there from the Thurs. May 1 through the following Thursday. I will be staying at Blackberry Ridge with Llis.

For the reservations on Saturday evening -- do you have any idea what time? I have to leave that day to attend a baby shower for my daughter, but I plan to return after the shower -- which is at 2:00 in the afternoon and will probably last a couple of hours. Then the drive back is what -- 2 hours from Smyrna to Thomaston? Try to count on me for the dinner.

arourapope
03-27-2003, 07:16 PM
oh, cheryl, I'll be heading up the morning of the 2nd, btw. Not that night. So yes, dinner sounds yummy. :D

anita
03-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Well.Thought for sure I was going to make it but not sure now..If I do come it will be for Tues,Wed and Thurs of the second week..I'll try and let you know ASAP. I should know by some time soon.

Anita ..:cat:

llis
03-27-2003, 07:30 PM
I'll be there. I'm staying with llis at the funny farm. :)

Thursday thru Thursday!

Have brush, will paint!

LDianeJohnson
03-27-2003, 10:32 PM
I'll be staying at Blackberry Ridge...with a question. If the event begins on May 1, should we plan to be there on April 30th or are we to arrive on the 1st?

In any event, I'll be there from the 1st to or thru the 8th depending on if we end on the 8th or are to leave that day(?) Please let me know.

Please count me in on dinner for Saturday evening as well.

paintfool
03-28-2003, 12:16 AM
Diane, for those who can make it on the Thursday, the 1st, that is basically a 'settle in' day. The actual event begins on Friday, the 2nd.
It'll sure be good to finally meet you in person! :)
Marsha, if we plan on dinner for around 7ish you should be ok yes? I'll let Llis coordinate the dinner time. But i'm sure she'll read this.
Thank so much guys for your responses!

llis
03-28-2003, 12:28 AM
Diane and others staying at Blackberry Ridge, the schedule is posted here Blackberry Ridge Schedule (http://www.slac.artistnation.com/cgschedule.htm) as well as other information that you will need for staying at Blackberry Ridge.

I think many did not see the special notice I sent out recently. Do look for other updates that will apply only to the ladies that are staying with me. They will come to your email address you have listed at the SLAC site and will be posted on the SLAC board. I did not want to post all of the details here because it gets so confusing since it doesn't apply to all of the WC! members that are coming to Callaway that week. If you do not get the update emails, please do check with the SLAC site so you will have everything you need and know how much money to send in.

brendahofreiter
03-28-2003, 07:05 AM
You guys are going to have so much fun! I am so sorry that I won't be able to have the reunion with you all. I hate to miss anything, but definately not something that will be this much fun! Maybe next year I'll blast my way out of here and join you! Sigh... Brenda

LDianeJohnson
03-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Thanks Llis,

Got the page; and will try and keep up with the great program you've put together!

D.

baquitania
03-29-2003, 09:13 AM
Bobby & Surprise Guest? Wow it's a surprise to me too... just kidding, will be arriving Freya's day the 2nd just in time for the evening meal :D and leaving the day I have to repay Cheryl a hamburger for... the 6th :(

Bobby

Painting? Who said anything about painting?! :mad: :eek:

sgtaylor
03-30-2003, 12:48 AM
The lady with the beautiful eyes and I will be staying at the Days Inn. We'll be arriving at some unspecified time on the 2nd and leaving the morning of the 6th.

TinaLee
03-30-2003, 01:46 PM
I'll be at Callaway from Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon (May 3-4). My husband might come, too, so count 2 of us in for dinner Saturday night. We'll stay at the Days Inn.

I plan on attending whatever SLAC activities that will be happening while I'm there. And I'm coming to paint!

Tina

llis
03-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Tina: SLAC is the secret society ladies that are staying at my home at Blackberry Ridge. I'm afraid we will have to be on our best behavior while we are at Callaway Gardens, so there will not be any SLAC events there. :D

We are just coming to paint at Callaway, so I hope you will bring your paints and paint as well as have a good time meeting and greeting all the WC! members that attend as well as a few of my friends that are not WC! members.

I know it gets confusing. This event started out to be just a SLAC paint out...but quickly turned into a full fledged WC! getaway! We do the SLAC stuff late at night when we can't paint. :)

See you and your husband at the dinner Saturday night. :)

paintfool
03-31-2003, 04:11 AM
Whoo hooo! We're going to have a great time! :D
Tina, i'll PM you with my cell phone number and other info so that we can connect at the hotel and make plans. :)

Cheryl

Diana Pratt Dice
04-01-2003, 09:50 AM
The Goddess of Lilburn and JudyPaints will be arriving on thursday and staying until tuesday........staying at Days Inn in Pine Mt...........we have no clue how to hook up with you guys. Please advise.....

We are eager to meet you.......we only know Ms. Carly.......and we want to paint, eat, talk, paint, eat, talk and paint somemore.........

Diana DIce
Judy Surowiec

paintfool
04-01-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi Diana. :) We will be sending a out a news letter very soon, including all of the information.

Cheryl

LDianeJohnson
04-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi SLAC Ladies,

Is it possible, (and I'd be willing to do this if I have the info by April 20th), to make a handout (tacky but functional;) of each person who will be in attendance and their WC Username if a member of WC so we can put 2+2 together?

Certainly don't want to get formal, but it would sure help us get to know each other more quickly = more fun sooner :)

Thanks for the consideration.

D.

llis
04-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Diane: We are one jump ahead of you. :)

Stay tuned right now we are making plans and gathering all the information to get the reservations made for the dinners and other things. I have a meeting with the Callaway folks on April 14. After that we will be sending out or posting all the information everyone will need. There are a couple of folks that are surprise guests, so we can't release the roll until the opening day.

After April 14, Cheryl will be posting a newsletter to let everyone know where to meet no matter what day your arrival day is.

If you are staying at Blackberry Ridge, then your scheudle will be a bit different, but we are trying to coordinate the SLAC along with the WC! since there are so many of the SLAC girls that are members of WC! and there are some SLAC girls that are not on- line but have listened to all of us talk about the WetCanvas site and really want to meet everyone. Confusing huh.

Anyway, not to worry. Everyone will have a special meeting place each day which will tell them where to find others. We will all check in and sign off saying which general direction we will be headed. We also will have a meeting place for lunch for anyone that wants to join in the fellowship of that time. We will be eating together Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday night.... We meaning WC! and SLAC. When you check in, you will pick up a map and other very important things that you will need to know about painting at Callaway. You also will pick up your name badge. Since SGT said he refuses to wear the funny hats.... we will not be wearing them this time.... but I'm going to figure something else out that will let others know who we are. Can't tell the details yet, but I remember something about bonfires and chants. Then there is this duck dance that Carly always does... and Linda has some tricks up her sleeve...... Oh... where is that tape.... I need tape to put over my mouth.... I best not tell all the secrets.... I might better leave something unknown to surprise everyone!

Can't wait.

CarlyHardy
04-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Hi Diana,
Glad to see you found your way into the forums!! Keep watching this forum for updates also and you have my mobile #. I'll be going down to Phyllis's on Friday morning early....

to practice up on my duck dance! I have my tap shoes ready!!
carly:music:

Diana Pratt Dice
04-13-2003, 02:57 PM
I want to be sure that y'all know that Judy Surowiec and I are coming to Callaway to paint with 'yous guys'.....we are staying in Pine Mt at the Day's Inn and want to join every festivity there is! Dinner saturday?........etc......we are staying from may 1st and leaving the following tuesday.......we want to paint and eat and play and paint and chat and paint some more with all you Southern Ladies! Where and how do we hook up with you?

Diana Pratt Dice
Goddess of Lilburn

Diana Pratt Dice
04-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I'm still in a fog......trying to figure out how to get to the most recent messages. When I went to WC EVENTS, only older messages came up (no matter how far I scrolled).......then after I replied, the most recent messages (from you and Illis) were there..........go figure. I will never be accused of being a computer guru.......

Haven't had time to call you to paint on tuesdays.....maybe soon......too many art shows coming up and too many pieces to frame or finish.......

Judy & I are looking forward to meeting your group of artsy-fartsy pals and I can't wait to see your Duck Dance.

I had a show for Mavis at my church......she sold 3, 9 foot snake rugs and about 6 other pieces! WOWZA! She's been a working fool........trying to keep up!

Soon...

Diana

llis
04-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Diana:

Sorry for the confusion. There are actually two groups. The Southern Ladies are a separate group because some are not WC! members and are not on-line. It's a group that was formed by networks so as to speak. When the Southern Ladies first planned this event and were talking about it, many were WC! members and wanted to open it up for more than just ladies and wanted to include others that perhaps did not live in the South. That sounded good to me .... so we posted and invited everyone to attend. Only thing is, I can't co-ordinate everything so Paintfool and Malarkey are co-ordinating everything for the WC! folks and I'm co-ordianting for SLAC. We are planning joint meals, Saturday night for sure, and I'm not sure about the rest. I was to go to Callaway tomorrow to finalize the meal plans, but my aunt died, so I'm having to delay my visit until another day.

If you want to be a part of the SLAC you will need to visit the SLAC website and then go to the message board at Yahoo to join as a Southern Lady. What are the advantages? I don't know. LOL We are not a message board like WetCanvas. We just share possible plein aire events and network to make it happen.

Anyway, please do go check it out and see if you would like to network for plein aire events with us.

I'm sure Cheryl will see you name here and be sure to include both of your names on the Saturday night list. If you want to attend the SLAC events, you certainly can, but most of the SLAC is done after we paint each day and it might be too long a drive for you to come to my house each night and then back to the motel.

Cheryl (paintfool) and I both will be posting contact information as the date grows closer. Stay tuned... We won't forget you are at the motel and need a hook-up. :) I'm excited that you both are coming and can't wait to met you.

Diana Pratt Dice
04-13-2003, 08:25 PM
A HA! I now comprendo! And thanks for answering me! I am looking forward to escaping from our businesses for FIVE whole days!

So sorry to hear about your aunt. I, too, lost an Aunt last month. She was the youngest of 9 children (Grandmother had 17 pregnancies.......is that even possible?) My mother who is 87 took it very badly......it was hard for her to loose her 'little sister'. She was 85. I trust you will have fond memories.

Diana